Micro Focus with its comprehensive portfolio, underpinned by a robust analytics ecosystem, delivers pragmatic, customer-centric solutions to bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies and enable organizations to achieve Smart Digital Transformation. That’s High Tech, Low Drama. While talking with Nitisha from BISinfotech; Saurabh Saxena, Country Director – India, Micro Focus talks about high tech innovation and flexibility that need to run and transform business with low drama.
- Why do customers require High Tech, Low Drama? Please share its importance.
As the domino effect of the pandemic, organizations are completely rewriting their IT framework. Business strategies are being realigned as new technologies emerge and customer expectations evolve. According to a Gartner report, 69% of the C level execs have enhanced their digital business strategies, and 67% expect increase in their technology budget in response to COVID-19. Business leaders anticipate that the shift in their business models will be permanent. At the same time, the existing revenue model must be protected to ensure business continuity. To evolve digitally, businesses need to ensure that their underlying framework is functioning without disruption. A high level of IT flexibility and compatibility assures lower drama for businesses, delivering higher return on investment and a differentiated value proposition. As a digital first company, we have been committed to delivering High Tech, Low Drama to our customers around the globe. We aim to combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need to succeed in the rapidly evolving marketplace.
- How Micro Focus helps enterprises be digitally transformed with its emerging technologies – especially the public sector and BFSI?
In the current era, enterprises have witnessed more digital transformation in recent years than ever before. Micro Focus combines a wide range of products/solutions with customer-centric innovation for enterprises to achieve growth, profitability and business goals while maintaining their IT spend.
Micro Focus is a key player across industries, particularly in the BFSI and government sectors, and its ecosystem is rapidly expanding.
Banks are now incorporating a high level of security at the outset of application development. Things have changed now that the majority of banks have begun the journey of Secured DevOps and include a security footprint from the start of any project (including those that have just been conceptualized). This means that security is being built into the project before it is launched, at the time of code writing. Many banks are using Micro Focus Fortify and have seen significant progress in the last few years.
Micro Focus is dealing with real-world scenarios in the government sector. Government digital transformation necessitates the strategic application of existing and emerging technologies and practices. Micro Focus Voltage offers fully transparent encryption, balancing the benefits and risks associated with the collection, processing, and sharing of personal data. The government has also adopted digital technologies to improve the speed with which it responds to Covid responses; however, without data privacy, these digital solutions may reveal sensitive data. Micro Focus Voltage offers fully transparent encryption, balancing the benefits and risks associated with the collection, processing, and sharing of personal data.
- Kindly share the role of Micro Focus in optimizing business agility to remain loyal in challenging times.
As the pandemic hit, ensuring business continuity became our primary concern. We reached out to our customers to understand what they needed to sustain during the challenging times. We delivered key set of services at no cost to our customers to help them operate. We offered health checks on configuration and quick remediation on support level escalations.
Micro Focus delivers on the promise of smart Digital Transformation by developing and delivering software that is optimized to bridge the old and the new. Competing in today’s digital economy requires balance. You must prioritize business resilience so you can run today. But you also need to continually transform to take advantage of tomorrow’s new business models and revenue streams. With a holistic portfolio, which is integrated and open, Micro Focus helps customers run and transform their business at the same time.
Business resilience necessitates continuous adaptation to be ready for new business realities. Micro Focus’ Net IQ Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions help enterprises deal with the business realities of hyperconnectivity. Micro Focus solutions can manage and govern businesses from the standpoints of security, agility, speed, and insights.
- Impact of emerging technologies like (AI/ML, IoT, Cloud, SMAC). Your expertise and offering to foster cyber resilience?
According to a new study by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, 5G, and the Internet of Things (IoT) will be the most important technologies in 2021. As a result of the growing adoption of emerging technology, cyber security has come to the forefront as a key element of business resilience. A report by NASSCOM-DSCI stated that the Indian cybersecurity services industry is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 21 percent by 2025. Cybersecurity is gaining an even higher attention from enterprises and governments alike due to the pandemic.
Cyber resilience enables business acceleration through preparing for, responding to and recovering from cyber threats. A cyber resilient business can quickly adapt to changing market crises, threats, adversities, and challenges. Our core pillars in providing cyber resilience to our customers throughout the enterprise lifecycle includes protecting the business, detecting for changing risk surface, and evolving competencies in line with changing threats. Through integrating these pillars, organisations will be able to strategize, communicate, plan, implement and integrate technologies to “pivot at scale,” secure the business value chain, and enable resilient operational excellence and digital transformation. Leveraging artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and automation in a business outcome centric approach is important to simplify the cost of becoming resilient.
At Micro Focus, we offer CyberResilient.com, a digital resource for supporting CISOs and enterprises as they navigate through the shifting demands of the digital economy and continue to drive business growth. The motive is to empower security leaders with strategic knowledge and intelligent assessment tools to evaluate breaches and operational risk, and building a strong cyber resilience foundation, ultimately, driving business resilience.
- Trends you foresee changing the security landscape.
We have witnessed a lot of security demand in the last year. According to a Canalys report, the overall cybersecurity market is expected to reach $60.2 billion in 2021. The trends we foresee dominating the security landscape are:
- Growth in adoption of DevSecOps: CIOs are realizing the importance of integrating security testing earlier in the development lifecycle. Enterprises have been running commercial codes, custom codes, and codes available in an open source, which leads them to vulnerabilities and cyber-attacks. With DevSecOps, developers can test code for security and detect flaws while code is being written. This ensures enhanced automation throughout software development and delivery cycle while eliminating coding mistakes and ultimately reduction in breaches.
- Modern secure access: Layered security is vital for enterprises to build a strong foundation for their security requirements. Every layer of security requires control access, whether role-based access control or risk-based access control, to ensure security strength. Consolidated identity management across the organization is needed to ease standardized access technologies like Single Sign-On bring on. Multi-factor authentication and privileged access management is essential to keep security in check.
- Unified security frameworks: Enterprises will start investing in unified security frameworks like a mixture in SOC with a long management layer, a SIM layer, user and entity behaviour analytics layer, all integrated into one single platform. This platform will be able to mitigate new threats, identify anomalies in the organization, predict high-risk entities for the SOC to act on. This will enable security professionals to manage and sustain security framework with fewer resources and investigation at the back end.
- Emerging Technologies like AI and ML becoming stronger: According to our 2020 State of Security Operations Report, 93% of security operations centers (SOCs) have looked to AI and ML tools for threat detection. AI and ML is changing the approach to threat detection and adaption to cybersecurity. With ML, organisations have the power to detect threats in real-time, understand the business framework, attack vectors and defend breaches with human intelligence and machine power. Industry experts view AI and ML as helping SOCs by automating and improving data and threat analysis through enterprise security devices and myriad other network-connected systems.
- Advance semiconductor and chips makers are looking for security consolidation. Is anytime near, Micro Focus plans to share their expertise with semiconductor players?
Back in February of 2020, our board made the decision to place greater emphasis on our Security Group as a line of business in the effort to capitalize on the growth still so prevalent in the market. This was always intended to be a multi-stage journey that includes finding new avenues of growth. We’ll evaluate the semiconductor market just the same as other opportunities.