TDK Corporation has expanded its compact and low-power InvenSense SmartIndustrial™ sensor platform family. With its support for an extended temperature range of -40°C to 105°C, the new families of 6-axis IMUs target industrial and navigation applications that require high FSR performance and/or inertial navigation software.
The IIM-42653 is a 6-axis IMU (3 gyros + 3 accelerometers) that can achieve a gyro-programmable digital output of 4000 dps and an accelerometer-programmable output of 32g while achieving an ultra-low gyro noise.
These technical features make the IIM-42653 ideal for applications that need robust, fast, and accurate performance, such as industrial or high-end grade AGV, AMR, and drones.
The IIM-42652-I is a 6-axis IMU (3 gyros + 3 accelerometers) that offers a hardware authentication that works seamlessly with TRACK dead reckoning software from Trusted Positioning, a TDK Group company. The TRACK software filters GNSS multipath errors and provides a continuous navigation solution even when GNSS signals are unavailable (e.g., indoor parking garages or warehouses). TRACK software can be purchased through a licensing agreement, and it is ideal for companies looking to optimize their internal navigation system performance with InvenSense IMUs or to provide over-the-air software updates to existing systems.
“TRACK has been tuned to work optimally with InvenSense sensors and we’re pleased to expand our support into industrial ground-based dead reckoning applications with the release of TRACK for the IIM-42652-I. TRACK has been deployed in millions of automobile/machine applications and is designed to give our customers control to choose different GNSS receivers and/or different processors,” said Chris Goodall, General Manager of Trusted Positioning, a TDK Group company.
“With the introduction of these new high-end navigation products, TDK continues to strengthen its SmartIndustrial product line, offering customers IMUs targeted to their needs,” said Camilo Delgado, Director of Industrial Marketing at InvenSense, a TDK Group company.
The new IMUs from the industrial and high-end navigation family deliver:
- Precise measurements enabled by highly accurate and ultra-low noise sensors
- Support for extended temperature range (-40 °C to 105 °C)
- 4000 dps and 32g, gyro and accelerometer outputs · TRACK dead reckoning software (trustedpositioning.tdk.com/products/track/)
- Support for highly accurate external clock input that helps reduce system level sensitivity error, improve orientation measurement from gyroscope data, and reduce ODR sensitivity to temperature and device-to-device variation
- A comprehensive development and evaluation platform along with necessary software to enable quick-to-market development of customer systems
IIM-42653 is available now for select early partners and customers and will be available at our distribution partners in April 2023. IIM-42652-I is now available at InvenSense authorized distributors. TDK will be demonstrating the new family at CES 2023.