Accenture open registration for its unique hackathon at Expo 2020 Dubai challenging participants from 11 cities around the world to develop prototypes of human-centered digital solutions
Accenture in collaboration with Expo 2020 Dubai is conducting a 24-hour hackathon. The hackathon challenges participants from 11 cities around the world to develop prototypes of human-centered digital solutions that help improve the quality of urban living through its first global digital hackathon.
Registrations are open to recent graduates, undergraduates, entrepreneurs and individuals from start-ups with expertise in technology development, design and marketing. One can register for the hackathonat accenture.com/digital by November 6.
Under the theme, “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future,” participants will compete on finding digital solutions that organizations can use to address urbanization challenges.
The proposed solutions need to meet two requirements:
- Putting human beings at the heart of the experience;
- Using latest digital technologies including wearables, artificial intelligence, analytics, augmented and virtual reality, blockchain and the Internet of Things.
Why participate in the Accenture Global Digital Hackathon?
- Accenture will award prizes worth up to a total of US$ 80,000 to the top teams in each city, region (Europe & Middle East, North America & Latin America, Asia), and globally. The best works will be determined by a panel of judges of experienced practitioners from Accenture, Expo 2020 Dubai and local sponsors.3
- Expo will select its favorite project from among the three regional winners and shortlist it for theExpo Live“Innovation Impact Grant Programme.” The program is expected to provide winning projects with grants of up to US$ 100,000 and a chance to showcase their innovations at the next World Expo.4
- Individual participants demonstrating exceptional teamwork, problem-solving and goal orientation skills whose profiles are in line with Accenture’s recruitment plans, may be interviewed for roles in Accenture Digital, or elsewhere in the company.
Mike Sutcliff, group chief executive, Accenture Digital, said, “We are asking people with digital talents to apply their creativity and ingenuity to two game-changing trends – urbanization and digitization. With both, it is people who should come first. Accenture strongly believes that digital experiences have the power to make cities more livable for customers, patients, workers, students, and citizens, but these experiences can only be successful if they are truly human.”
Gillian Hamburger, Senior Vice President of Commercial at Expo 2020 Dubai, said, “World Expos have always been a showcase for innovation. This hackathon, with our Official Digital Services Partner Accenture, is another example of Expo 2020 encouraging innovation and connecting people from around the world to exchange ideas and contribute to the future.”
The 24-hour hackathon will take place simultaneously in Chicago, Bangalore, Dubai, Istanbul, London, Manila, Mexico City, Monterrey, Rome, Shanghai and Singapore on November 11 and 12, 2017.
Further info: accenture.com/digital