ADL Embedded Solutions announces new ADL120S, a robust single board computer (SBC) in 120 mm x 120 mm format for performance-hungry embedded applications in the industrial sector.
The new SBC is based on an Intel Q170 chipset and is equipped with scalable processors of the 6th and 7th generation from Intel’s long-time available embedded road map. Up to 32 GByte DDR4 memory is available as a compact SODIMM.
Other features of the SBC include:
- Four Gigabit network interfaces, four Super Speed USB 3.0 ports, two M. 2 2280 Key-B interfaces with Intel RST RAID 0/1 (Intel Rapid Storage technology) support, and a high overall reliability/MTBF of more than 200,000 hours.
- The SBC also has an ADL edge connect interface, which provides high-speed I/Os with up to eight PCIe 3.0 lanes on the bottom of the board.
- ADL offers a standard cooling solution portfolio for the SBC that allows maintenance-free operation.
- Passive heat spreaders and heat pipes that are superior to conventional active cooling systems (cooling elements with fans) allow a working temperature range of -20 °C to +70 °C as standard and optionally from -40 °C to +85 °C with external cooling air supply.
- Long product availability of more than ten years and long-term support in the areas of firmware (BIOS), tools and drivers make the new SBC the ideal solution for industrial applications with a long service life.
- Supported are Microsoft desktop/enterprise and embedded operating systems as of Windows 10 as well as current Linux “LTS” or “Enterprise distributions” (Debian/Ubuntu or RHEL).
“The ever more complex calculations and the resulting increase in data volumes require high-performance industrial PCs with server character, even at the outer end of the networks. The integrated graphics core GT2 – Intel’s HD Graphics 630 series with drastically increased graphics performance from the 24 EUs (Execution Units) and DDR4 dual-channel as host memory enables higher OpenCL computing performance for tasks that can be parallelized. This allows complex computational tasks such as high-resolution image and video processing in the field of industrial vision to be preprocessed on the respective signal acquisition IPCs or servers. The ADL120S is specifically designed to meet the needs of Intel core CPUs with high performance and efficiency in a compact package. As with all CPU boards from ADL Embedded Solutions, the design, assembly and finishing of the board is carried out 100 percent in Germany,” explains Martin Kristof, Managing Director of ADL Embedded Solutions.