Analog Devices has launched the AD5758 digital-to-analog converter (DAC). It incorporates the company’s second-generation Dynamic Power Control (DPC) to enable high density AOUT modules without requiring de-rating—the need to turn off channels due to thermal build-up—resulting in lower cost, more compact designs.
This single-channel current/voltage DAC with DPC is designed for channel-to-channel isolated industrial applications in factory automation, process automation, and motor control. The AD5758 is ADI’s lowest power industrial DAC.
The AD5758’s 5 mm x 5 mm size creates the smallest footprint in the industry. Its robust construction requires fewer external protection components, supporting smaller, lower-cost designs. It is engineered with advanced diagnostics that provide visibility to system performance for higher reliability and planned maintenance schedules. The AD5758 also includes output fault protection circuits to safeguard the DAC in the event of a miswire incident.
The Key Features of the AD5758 include:
- 16-bit resolution and monotonicity
- DPC for thermal management
- Current/voltage output available on a single terminal
- Current output ranges: 0 mA to 20 mA, 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 24 mA, ±20 mA, ±24 mA, −1 mA to +22 mA
- Voltage output ranges (with 20% overrange): 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, and ±10 V
- User-programmable offset and gain
- Advanced On-chip diagnostics including a 12-bit ADC
- On-chip reference
- Robust architecture, including output fault protection
- −40°C to +115°C temperature range
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP package
For further info Visit: Click here.
Product: Click here