Analog Devices Rolls out Power by Linear LTC3310S
Compact 5V, 10A Synchronous Silent Switcher 2 Buck Regulator Reduces Heat, EMI & Footprint in High Power Density Applications
Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear LTC3310S, a 5V, 10A low EMI monolithic synchronous buck converter.
The device’s from Analog Devices delivers fixed frequency peak current mode architecture which is sought to be ideal for high step-down ratio applications that demand fast transient response.
The LTC3310S uses the Silent Switcher2 architecture with integrated hot loop bypass capacitors to deliver a highly efficient, small footprint solution at frequencies up to 5MHz with excellent EMI performance.
Multiphase operation enables direct paralleling of multiple devices for higher current.
The LTC3310S’ 2.25V to 5.5V input range supports a wide variety of applications, including most intermediate bus voltages.
Integrated low on-resistance MOSFETs deliver continuous load currents as high as 10A with minimal thermal derating.
Output voltages ranging from 0.5V to VIN are ideal for point-of-load applications such as high current/low voltage DSP/FPGA/GPU/ASIC reference designs. Other key applications include optical networking, telecom/datacom and automotive systems, distributed power architectures and general medium to high power density systems.
The LTC3310S’ low 35ns Minimum On-Time Enables:
- A high step-down ratio power supply at high frequency.
- 100% duty cycle operation delivers low dropout performance.
- The operating frequency can be synchronized to an external clock.
- The LTC3310S total reference voltage accuracy is ±1% over the –40°C to 125°C operating junction temperature range.
- Additional features include a power good signal when the output is in regulation, precision enable threshold, output overvoltage protection, thermal shutdown, die temperature monitor, clock synchronization, mode selection and output short-circuit protection.
The LTC3310S is available in a thermally enhanced 18-lead 3mm × 3mm × 0.94mm LQFN package. The E- and I- grades are specified from –40°C to 125°C operating junction temperature range. All versions are available from stock.
Key Features of Linear LTC3310S
- Silent Switcher2 Architecture: Ultralow EMI Emissions
- High Efficiency—4.5mΩ NMOS & 16mΩ PMOS
- Wide Bandwidth, Fast Transient Response
- VINRange: 2.25V to 5.5V
- VOUTRange: 0.5V to VIN
- VOUTAccuracy: ±1%
- Peak Current Mode Control
- 35ns Minimum On-Time
- Programmable Frequency to 5MHz
- Shutdown Current: 1µA
- Precision 400mV Enable Threshold
- Output Soft-Start with Voltage Tracking
- Power Good Output
- Die Temperature Monitor
- Configurable for Paralleling Power Stages
- Thermally Enhanced 18-Lead 3mm × 3mm LQFN Package
Pricing & Availability
|Price Each per 1,000||Package|
|LTC3310S||Now||Starts at $2.60||Thermally Enhanced|
18-Lead 3mm x 3mm x 0.94mm LQFN
Further info: Click here