element14 has declared the winners of its annual Community Awards.
The top innovators, designers and engineers are celebrated across multiple categories, including several that are new this year.
“Last year was incredibly challenging for everyone,” said Dianne Kibbey, Global Head of Community and Social Media for element14. “We are so proud of the way our 700,000-strong community came together to create solutions to help fight COVID-19 or make socially-distanced living more manageable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing our members continue to push the boundaries and share new, exciting designs in 2021.”
The winners of the element14 2020 Community Awards are:
- Rising Contributor of the Year –Richard Seals, United Kingdom – Richard brought a wide range of skills, a high level of creativity, and a great sense of humor to his element14 projects throughout 2020. He shared dozens of blog posts, allowing his fellow community members to follow along and learn from him.
- element14 Presents Video Project of the Year – Raspberry Pi Speech to Text LED Face Mask – Lorraine Underwood from the United Kingdom created this high-tech Raspberry Pi-powered face mask to helps break down communications barriers by transcribing what the user is saying on a light-up grid across the front of the mask.
- Design Challenge Project of the Year – Measure Climate Change with Hydroponic System – As part of the Sustain the World Design Challenge, Satoshi Suzuki from the United States built a fully functional hydroponic farm, with a web-based monitoring interface and full CO2 monitoring, using Infineon hardware.
- Project14: Project of the Year – Machine Gets an Upgrade – Gene Breniman from the United States tinkered with the classic Mr. Machine robot toy to showcase the power of creating new from old.
- Project14: 2020 Decider of the Year – Gene Breniman also brought his experience and wisdom to multiple Project14 competitions throughout the year, helping to determine which projects best exemplified the monthly themes.
- Project14: 2020 Founder of the Year – Miguel Pineiro, from Chile, contributed multiple creative ideas for new competitions throughout 2020 – all a big hit with the community as a whole.
- Project14: 2020 Influencer of the Year – Frank Milburn, from the United States, submitted countless projects, blog posts and project videos over the year and played a major role in keeping Project14 the vibrant community program that it is.
Favorite Road-Tested Products of the Year – InfiniiVision 3000T X-Series Oscilloscope MSOX3034 and Raspberry Pi HQ Camera were both so popular, they resulted in a tie.