Anritsu unveiled its ACCESS Master MT9085 series of handheld testers that provides accuracy and broad measurement capability during installation and maintenance of fiber optic cable in LTE and 5G backhaul, as well as Metro and Core networks.
Maintaining the portability, performance, and operability of the field-proven ACCESS Master platform, the new MT9085 series incorporates a wide 8-inch color touchscreen for enhanced operation, as well as integrates Anritsu’s innovative Fiber Visualizer as a standard feature.
The built-in 8-inch touchscreen, rotary knob, and hard keys of the ACCESS Master MT9085 series improve OTDR waveform analysis for unprecedented ease of use, helping cut on-site work time. Further simplifying verification and reducing test time is the Fiber Visualizer. Field technicians can use the tool to display fiber events, such as splices, connectors, and splitters, as a schematic map.
By eliminating complex operations, such as reading and analyzing optical waveforms, Fiber Visualizer allows technicians at any experience level to conduct high-quality fiber measurements and pass/fail evaluations. In addition, automatic pass/fail evaluation based on preset threshold values reduces operator evaluation errors.
The Key Features of the Anritsu ACCESS Master MT9085 series include:
- Highly accurate event detection is achieved with the ACCESS Master MT9085 series.
- It combines all the functions to install and maintain optical cable in today’s high-bandwidth applications.
- In addition to a full-feature OTDR, the ACCESS Master MT9085 series can conduct optical power loss measurements and fiber far-end detection.
- The portable field tester is designed with a unique algorithm that detects fiber events with high accuracy in complex passive optical networks (PONs) to reduce on-site workloads.
- Features high-speed, high-quality real-time waveforms, a short dead zone of ≤8 m, high dynamic range of ≥46 dB, and support for both single-mode optical fiber (SMF) and multi-mode optical fiber (MMF) waveforms.
A flexible platform allows functionality to be easily added to the ACCESS Master MT9085 series. A high-performance optical power meter, visible light source, and optical fiber end-face inspection function VIP (Video Inspection Probe) can be integrated into the platform to create a complete all-in-one toolkit for fiber installation and maintenance. Measurement results can be managed easily at the central office using WLAN and Bluetooth connections.
Further information on the ACCESS Master MT9085 series Click here