Anritsu Corporation launches its new Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B developed for evaluating the output characteristics of optical active devices used by optical communications systems.
The MS9740B keeps the same measurement-sensitivity performance, functions, and size as its predecessor MS9740A but reduces the measurement processing times by 50%, thereby improving production-line efficiency by optimizing the Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B optical receiver bandwidth settings, most commonly used by customers. This performance upgrade slashes optical active device inspection times and increases mass-production line efficiency.
The benchtop Optical Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B features wide dynamic range, high resolution, and fast sweep speeds over a wavelength range of 600 to 1750 nm. The device supports multimode fiber input and is ideal for manufacturing and evaluating 850-nm band VCSEL modules.
Moreover, it retains the optical active device (LD-Module, DFB-LD, FP-LD, LED, WDM, and Optical Amplifier (NF and Gain)) measurement menu screens for evaluating devices. It supports all-at-once measurements of key evaluation items, such as optical center wavelength, level, OSNR, spectrum width, etc., and displays these results at one screen.
The Key Features of the Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B
- Wide dynamic range and high-speed measurement at optical receiver bandwidths used commonly by customers within production lines for optical active devices
- SMSR measurement at 45 dB minimum
- Maximum measurement processing time of 0.35s (sweeping 30-nm wavelength)
- Same key functions and performance as predecessor, supporting various production-line environments
- Wide wavelength band (600 to 1750 nm) for evaluating all-optical active devices
- Nine application menus for LD-module, WDM, etc., measurements
The Anritsu device targets makers of optical devices and modules and majorly applicable for manufacturing and R&D of optical active and passive devices.
Further information: Click here