Anritsu Corporation has released the company’s Variable ISI MU195020A-040/041 option for upgrading the Emphasis function of the Pulse Pattern Generator for the Signal Quality Analyzer-R MP1900A series, along with the USB Link Training Software MX183000A-PL022 supporting the USB3.0/3.1 Receiver Test.
Increasing mobile data traffic and the spread of Cloud services are driving introduction of 100G/200G/400G Ethernet for network interfaces along with PCI Express Gen4 and USB3.1 for bus interfaces. On the other hand, the effects of transmission path loss and noise resulting from the faster signals used by these standards and the integration of ICs and modules cannot be ignored, resulting in the importance of stress Rx testing using signal sources with added transmission path loss and noise.
The MP1900A Features:
- High-performance BER measuring instrument supporting design and testing of high-speed interfaces, such as 100G/200G/400G Ethernet, PCI Express, USB, and Thunderbolt.
- Using the newly developed Variable ISI option offers easier and more efficient evaluations of high-speed interfaces, backplanes, and cables.
- In addition, USB Link training supports high-reproducibility measurements of the PHY-layer of USB3.0/3.1 devices by controlling the MP1900A.
- With a built-in PPG supporting a 10Tap Emphasis function for testing the effect of transmission path loss plus Jitter and Noise Addition functions, a high-sensitivity BER measurement function, and Link Training function, Anritsu’s MP1900A series is ideal for measuring high-speed interfaces.
- Additionally, the USB Rx device compliance test not only performs the Rx test with added transmission path loss and Jitter stress but also requires recognition of the measuring instrument connection, as well as transition to settings for the so-called Loopback measurement mode after Link training, which can sometimes cause issue with test times.
- Consequently, adding the Link Training function for troubleshooting the stages in establishing the Link plays a key role in fault resolution and efficient testing.
The Variable ISI option uses the 10Tap Emphasis function with high and flexible signal controllability to emulate CEI-25G/28G-defined signal path transmission losses which have not been emulated by emphasis function with lower number of tap. In addition, it can automatically calculate the Emphasis settings for compensating these losses based on transmission path S-parameter data. As a result, since test signals emulating the transmission path function can be generated easily, the impact of transmission path losses on the evaluated device can be evaluated simply without testing various PC boards, helping cut development costs and time.
USB Link training is important for measuring USB interfaces; the built-in Link Training function supports transitioning to the evaluation device measurement mode, and when used in combination with the LTSSM Log Analysis function for inspection without transitioning to the measurement mode, helps cut times for evaluating USB device receivers and supports cost effective and all in one measurement of high-speed interfaces such as PCI Express, USB, and Thunderbolt.
Nuggets of the New Rollout
- Variable ISI
- 10Tap max., 20-dB variable Emphasis function and longer channel emulation
- Channel loss emulation using Emphasis control and loss-compensated signal generation
- Auto-calculation of Emphasis setting using S-parameter
- Simple implementation of high-reproducibility channel-loss dependency tests for high-speed devices
- USB Test Solution
- All-in-one protocol aware, etc., USB3.0/3.1 Rx test solution
- Supports high-reproducibility USB receiver measurement using ED with low Intrinsic Jitter and high-quality waveform, and high sensitivity
- Link Training and LTSSM Analysis functions
- Jitter (SJ, RJ, BUJ, SSC) addition and automatic stress measurement
- About MP1900A
- All-in-one measurement of high-speed interfaces such as broadband Ethernet, PCI Express, USB, Thunderbolt, etc., using wideband 32-Gbit/s PPG and ED.
- Optimum, high-performance BERT at signal-integrity evaluation
- 8-slot modular main unit with excellent expandability
Target Markets and Applications
Development of high-speed electronic devices, high-speed servers, active cables, PCs, USB equipment, etc.
To Know More about the Latest Product: Click here