AXIS Q86 Series consists of visual and thermal high-speed pan-tilt (PT) head network cameras for critical infrastructure and city surveillance
Axis Communications is known to announce its new AXIS Q86 PT Head Network Camera Series, a high-performance product line that includes both visual and thermal cameras. The extremely fast pan-tilt capabilities, combined with low-light visual and thermal features, make the cameras ideal for perimeter protection, border control and transportation monitoring. The cameras’ expanded range of vision and high precision images deliver new levels of efficiency and cost-effectiveness for monitoring large areas in challenging conditions.
- The visual model AXIS Q8665-E PTZ Network Camera is most suitable in environments where there is ambient illumination during night time, such as in cities or highways where streetlights are present.
- For surveillance in complete darkness AXIS Q8665-LE PTZ Network Camera comes with integrated IR LED illuminators that can monitor a distance up to 150 meters (164 yd) from the camera, perfect for perimeters or fields.
- The thermal models (AXIS Q8631-E/Q8632-E) can be used in complete darkness, for long-distance surveillance and in difficult weather conditions.
- They are the ideal choice when the installation of IR light is not feasible or recognition is required for distances of more than 150 m/164 yd.
- Thermal imaging is well suited for monitoring critical infrastructure such as solar plants, data centers, nuclear stations and electrical substations, as well as transportation installations for highways, airfields and harbors.
- In addition, the long-range capabilities improve the security effectiveness for borders and perimeters.
- The visual cameras are equipped with a wiper to remove excess water or rain that impedes vision.
Commenting on the new launch, Erik Frännlid, Axis’ Director of Product Management “With the introduction of fast moving pan/tilt head cameras we offer operators managing perimeter protection and boarder surveillance a solution for covering large areas, reducing the number of cameras needed.” “The PT head’s rapid movements of up to 100 degrees per second make video surveillance more efficient and secure and serves as a deterrent to potential intruders as well.”
Availability and Pricing
The new AXIS Q86 PT Head Network Camera Series is set to hit the market by Q3 2015, through Axis’ distribution channels at suggested retail prices ranging from $4999 for the visual AXIS Q8665-E PTZ Network Camera to $10999 for the thermal VGA resolution AXIS Q8632-E PT Thermal Network Camera.