Axis Communications reinvigorates its AXIS Q60 PTZ Dome Network Camera Series by adding six new models compiling next-gen performance and efficiency features for demanding video surveillance applications. The new cameras are touted to yield exceptional coverage of wide areas, high detail when zooming in, and outstanding light sensitivity and dynamics making them ideal for city surveillance, airports, train stations, harbors, warehouses and indoor or outdoor arenas and stadiums.
- The focus recall feature, available in AXIS Q6052/-E and AXIS Q6054/-E, provides instant focus in predefined areas, making it easier to use a PTZ camera optimally in challenging light conditions. The news feature further disrupts the manual focus redundancy makes it ideal for scenes with low contrast and point-shaped light sources.
- The new cameras are the first cameras in AXIS Q60 Series to offer Zipstream, a H.264 compatible compression technology that reduces bandwidth and storage requirements by up to 50% even during camera movements.
- AXIS Q6055/-E comes with several built-in Axis video analytic applications for greater efficiency or added business value, enabling time and cost reduction for the customer.
- Detection of security incidents through automatic monitoring of the video feed makes it possible to prevent crime, and integration of video data into other systems contributes to business insights.
- In addition, the cameras also have substantial capacity for third-party applications from Axis partners.
- The new AXIS Q60 cameras deliver up to 36x optical zoom and up to 1080p resolution, depending on model.
“With these new PTZ cameras, we have raised the bar again in terms of performance and efficiency. The new features are ideally suited for the most demanding surveillance applications, both in regards to the required image quality as well as the cameras’ operating conditions. And, with the addition of the highly efficient Zipstream technology, users will benefit from significant cost savings and bandwidth efficiency,” said Kent Fransson, Global Product Manager at Axis Communications.
The indoor models all offer two-way audio, audio detection, I/O ports, and 24 V AC/DC power and IP52-rated protection against dust and dripping water. The rugged outdoor models are vandal resistant (IK10 rating) and have IP66- and NEMA 4X-rated protection against dust, rain and snow. They also feature Arctic Temperature Control, which ensures safe start-up at temperatures down to -40 °C/°F, even after a power failure.
AXIS Q6052/-E, AXIS Q6054/-E and AXIS Q6055/-E are planned to be available in August through Axis’ distribution channels.