AXIS P3707-PE and AXIS Q3708-PVE Network Cameras are cost-effective multisensor panoramic cameras for the video surveillance of large areas, both indoors as well as outdoors
Axis Communications announces the introduction of two multisensor panoramic cameras. First, the 8-megapixel AXIS P3707-PE comes with four varifocal camera heads giving 360° coverage or a combination of overview and zoomed-in views in four different directions.
Second, the 15-megapixel AXIS Q3708-PVE sports a three image sensors for 180° surveillance and technologies for handling challenging lighting conditions.
The Axis P3707-PE features
- Comprises four camera heads that can be repositioned along a circular track to point in the desired viewing direction. Each camera head can be individually tilted and adjusted to provide a 108° to 54° horizontal field of view for either wide or zoomed-in views.
- The camera heads can be rotated to support Axis’ Corridor Format for optimal coverage of vertically oriented scenes.
- A specially designed clear cover, with no sharp edges, allows for undistorted views in all directions.
- Supports individually configurable video streams for each camera head, as well as quad-view streaming, enabling 1080p resolution videos at 12.5/15 frames per second and 720p videos at full frame rate.
Axis Q3708-PVE features
- Easy and cost-efficient installation.
- The camera’s three lenses are factory-focused, so no focusing is required on site.
- It has Wide Dynamic Range – Forensic Capture technology and low light capabilities for excellent image quality in all lighting conditions.
- AXIS Q3708-PVE provides 11-megapixel resolution (3x QuadHD) at 30 frames per second, or 15-megapixel resolution (3x 5 MP) at 20 frames per second.
Erik Frännlid, Director of Product Management, Axis Communications said, “The new cameras address the market for fixed, high-resolution panoramic cameras for superb wide area surveillance. With several cameras in one, they reduce the number of cameras that need to be mounted, making them a cost-effective solution.
“AXIS P3707-PE provides a 360° overview, or a combination of overviews and close-ups in different directions—ideal for use in wide areas, at intersections of hallways or roads, or from the corners of buildings. With AXIS Q3708-PVE, you have a high-resolution 180° camera with excellent low light and wide dynamic range capabilities, adds Erik.”
Both AXIS P3707-PE and AXIS Q3708-PVE are accessible through a single IP address. This means only one video management software license is needed with many video management systems (VMS). Both cameras also support Power over Ethernet and Axis’ Zipstream technology for reduced bandwidth and storage requirements.
The cameras are ideal for diverse conditions like video surveillance in airport terminals, railway and metro stations, city surveillance installations such as monitoring public squares, perimeter security for critical infrastructure and industrial sites, video surveillance of university campuses and school halls, or shopping mall security both indoors and outdoors, including parking lots.
AXIS P3707-PE and AXIS Q3708-PVE are expected to be available through Axis’ distribution channels in Q2, 2016 at the suggested retail price of USD 1,199 and USD 1,999, respectively.