Axis Communications unveils AXIS Perimeter Defender specifically tailored for large-scale perimeter protection. The new solution is a high-end video analytics application for intrusion detection for the enterprise market. With this new rollout, the Swedish surveillance and networking camera major, enables its partners to deliver a scalable and flexible perimeter defense solution using Axis thermal cameras and optical pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) cameras, AXIS Perimeter Defender and Axis network horn speakers.
- AXIS Perimeter Defender uses edge-based video analytics for maximum accuracy, efficiency and scalability.
- The application supports multiple detection scenarios including several types of intrusion detection and loitering.
- Meets the needs of high-security perimeter protection scenarios such as power plants, chemical plants and demanding installations where there is a need to reinforce the physical access control system with reliable intrusion detection.
- Easy installation, configuration and management.
- The application comes with intuitive management and setup tools in one single management interface.
- A dedicated, easy-to-use design tool simplifies the initial system layout and the installation.
- The central management interface allows operators to configure and manage all analytics-enabled cameras in the network through efficient and time-saving batch operations.
“Scalability is a key challenge in high-security scenarios as a perimeter may require anywhere from 10 to 100 cameras,” said Peter Friberg, Director Solution Management, Axis Communications. “By performing analytics at the edge, in the cameras themselves, AXIS Perimeter Defender does not depend on a central server to process the video footage. This makes the solution highly scalable, as there is no need for system redesign or expensive hardware replacements each time a new camera is added to the network.”
In addition, a graphical representation of detection distances ensures that any potential blind spots are eliminated, and the entire perimeter is protected with the highest level of accuracy and consistency.
The company also asserts that the solution is based on proven technology from Digital Barriers, a company with extensive experience in surveillance analytics.
The solution is reported to have been certified for sterile zone monitoring applications by i-LIDS, the UK government’s benchmark for Video Analytics (VA) systems developed in partnership with the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure.
Availability and Pricing
AXIS Perimeter Defender is planned to be available in Q2, 2016 at a suggested retail price of USD 299 per camera through Axis distribution channels. The company also avails a 60-day free trial period.