Can casting out the blues, sleeping deeply and waking keyed up be as simple as changing a light bulb? Light affects sleep/wake cycles, body temperature, hunger, physiology, and behavior. So aligning lighting with our bodies’ natural processes is an important step in improving well-being, productivity, and relaxation.
Thus, Light emitting diodes (or LEDs) is undoubtedly the most efficient form of lighting. Although, on paper, it seems a no-brainer but, after understanding economic and environmental advantages related to LED lighting, it seems like a rational choice to switch over immediately to LED lights.
Consequently, usage of energy efficient products such as LED lighting products is projected to grow at a CAGR of 24.66%, in value terms, during 2016-2022, to reach $ 3,758.74 million by 2022 in India. Moreover, rising government support and the introduction of innovative LED lighting products by manufacturers has resulted in the reduction in prices of these products, thereby offering consumers with more options to choose from, according to their needs and preferences.
Justifying the above statement, here are some of the distinguishing advantages and benefits of LED light bulbs:
- Longer Operational Life:
Without a filament to break or burn out, arguably the best reason to switch to LED’s is their incredibly long life expectancy that can last for over 100,000 hours on average without showing their age (that’s over eleven years at full brightness). This lifespan is 6 to 8 times that of typical fluorescent bulbs and twenty times longer than incandescent light bulbs.
- Energy efficiency:
Tired of those high electricity bills? Installing LED bulbs in your home is an efficient way to reduce your power consumption and save money! LED lighting is designed to work at 80% energy efficiency. This means that 80% of the electrical energy taken in by an LED light is converted to light energy. The other 20% is released as heat energy. The exact opposite occurs with traditional incandescent bulbs (20% of the electrical energy taken in is converted to light energy, while the other 80% is released as heat energy). Furthermore, LED bulbs require fewer watts to operate. For example, a four-foot LED tube typically uses just 15-25 watts, while fluorescent tubes of this size use more than 30 watts.
- Safe to Use:
No more burnt fingers when replacing these bulbs! LED light bulbs only release 20% heat energy, making them operate at lower temperatures. Using LED bulbs reduces the risk of a house fire because they have lower heat energy emissions. They are extremely durable thanks to their solid-state construction, so there’s no broken glass to deal with, either.
- More Colorful:
Traditional lighting methods require many color filters to give off a certain hue. LED lights can emit the vast array of colors without the use of these filters, resulting in increased efficiency and lower production costs.
They also provide a truer, brighter color than a filtered bulb.
- Versatile use:
LED light bulbs can fulfill an array of different purposes and functions. Thanks to the wide array of colors and shapes LEDs can be made to replace almost any light bulb. Furthermore, their size and power-saving characteristics allow them to be applied to new and innovative areas. Some common applications of LED light bulbs include: flashlights, exit signs, traffic lights and signals, remote control lights, Christmas lights, and more!
6. Promises a brighter future:
LED light bulbs don’t contain mercury, like compact fluorescent bulbs do. Combining that with the fact that they outlast their energy efficient cousins, makes the choice to go LED even clearer. They can also reach their full brightness in a matter of microseconds! Perfect for situation when reaction time and timeliness play a vital role, such as emergency situations.
- Ease of installation & replacement with retrofit:
Existing range of LED lighting solutions come with easy installation provisions. Lamps come with B22 regular pin type holder in India and E27 Threaded type holder outside India. Tubes like T5 come with clip mounted applications and conventional T8 series can be replaced with the new LED tube light by removing the adapter and choke and redirecting the circuit to one end of the tube. Downlighters and panel lights are easy to install by replacing the existing fixtures with the same cut-out.
- Wide range of product and solutions available for every application requirement.
Homes – bulbs and tube lights and cabinet lights
Offices/ homes / showrooms / malls – downlights and panel lights
Specialty shops – spotlights
Industrial/warehouse/manufacturing plants – high bay lights and batons
Stadium/ façade – flood lights
Outdoor – Street lights, bollards, fountain light, swimming pool light, wall light, wall washer, step light, garden lights, post top
- Easy to point in a direction
LED light bulbs are focused. They emit light in a specific direction. It is easy to use this directional light more effectively in various applications. LEDs can be made to focus without the use of extra reflectors or lenses, which means less bulk and lower cost for the same beam of light.
As one of the most energy-efficient light bulbs on the market, LED lights are better for the environment because they reduce your carbon footprint and do not leach poisonous mercury into our water systems.