SAN FRANCISCO, USA: Today at Box Dev, Box from its quarter released Box View and Metadata, two powerful, fresh technologies that facilitates developers and enterprise clienteles to be able to build powerful applications for the information economy.
To complement its free developer offering, the enterprise also declared about platform pricing aimed at enterprises that from their barrio want to build on Box’s APIs. Today’s platform enhancements will transform how individuals and organizations create, consume and collaborate on content on Box and beyond.
“Every business in the world today is transitioning from legacy solutions to cloud services that help their workforce be more agile, collaborative and competitive,” alleged Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO at Box. Supplementing that – “This presents a significant market opportunity for entrepreneurs and developers to create a new generation of software and Box has the opportunity to be the platform that powers this ecosystem.”
More than 35,000 developers are building services on the Box platform today. Every single month, 1 billion third-party API calls are made to the Box platform. Box’s OneCloud ecosystem of mobile productivity apps just passed 1,000 platform partners. Over the last year, usage of third-party apps by Box customers has snowballed 292%.
Box View powers the fastest, most elegant content viewing experience on the web and mobile. This technology converts PDF and Office documents into easily embeddable HTML, delivering beautiful, high fidelity content on any platform or device. Developers that from their part leverage Box View can build immersive experiences around content, including custom document viewers meant for web and mobile platforms.
Box has also open sourced viewer.js, a client-side library for rendering and interacting with Box View documents. Developers can create visually stunning animations and collect valuable usage and data analytics with viewer.js. Box View is now generally available to all developers and is used by more than 100 businesses, including the league reading as Zendesk, Oracle, Xero, UberConference, Clio and Producteev by Jive.
Presented as a private beta at BoxWorks 2013, Metadata is now available to all developers as a beta and is integrated with Box’s iOS, Android, and Windows SDKs.
Part of the Box Content API, Metadata allows developers to attach customizable data to unstructured content stored on Box, making it easy to assign workflows around that content and create repeatable business processes that drive productivity and efficacy across organizations.
Metadata is now integrated with Box’s search functionality, enabling developers and clienteles to easily identify and locate content stored on Box. Taptera and GoFormz are two platform partners currently leveraging the Metadata beta in custom applications.
Enterprises can purchase the Box Content and Box View APIs under a variety of tiers and plans.
Enterprise Pricing aimed at Box Content API
In addition to the free developer offering, there are three new pricing tiers for Box’s Content APIs – Build, Scale and Transform.
- Build – Businesses just getting started with the Box Platform can leverage the Build plan, which provides free access to the entire Box Content API up to 25,000 API Actions per month.
- Scale – Businesses that want to build deeper hooks into Box that automate content collaboration will leverage the Scale plan, which is only $500 for every additional 25,000 API Actions per month.
- Transform – The Transform plan is modeled for our largest enterprise customers, who necessitate customized terms to power the most sophisticated content-driven applications, policies and use cases unique to their organization. Pricing for Transform is available on request.
Box View Pricing
- Box View Standard – Businesses that leverage Box View receive up to 1,000 document conversions per month at no cost under the Box View Standard plan.
- Box View Custom – Businesses that want to leverage a custom viewer receive up to 2,500 document conversions per month for $250 under the Box View Custom plan.
- Box View Enterprise – Intended for its largest clienteles, Box created the Box View Enterprise plan, allowing more than 10,000 document conversions per month, enterprise SLAs and dedicated support. Pricing for Box View Enterprise plan is available on request.