CAMPBELL, USA: Infonetics Research forecasts the worldwide network security market to stretch $7.3 billion in 2018, a 2013-2018 CAGR of 2.5percent.
“Cisco completed its acquisition of Sourcefire in the fourth quarter of 2013, and in the process posted its highest security revenue quarter ever, gaining three points of market share,” states Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
Wilson continues- “The network security market nearly hit double-digit growth in 4Q13, and we expect growth to accelerate this year as service providers and enterprises increase security investment to improve security performance and keep up with a changing threat landscape.”
- The global network security appliance and software market grew 9.8 percent from 3Q13 to 4Q13, to $1.8 billion
- For the full year 2013, network security revenue totaled $6.4 billion, a 2.6 percent increase over 2012
- Integrated security products (integrated security appliances, secure routers, SSL VPN gateways, and VPN and firewall software) make up the majority of revenue.
- Looking at the top 3 vendors’ quarter-over-quarter (4Q13 vs. 3Q13) performance, Cisco increased overall revenue 20 percent; Check Point had a typically strong 4th quarter, and Juniper posted its second consecutive quarter of growth.
- Palo Alto Networks and Fortinet once again posted strong quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year growth in 4Q13, and are well positioned to continue gaining share.