Cisco announces new services and cloud-based security solutions built with Cisco’s threat-centric security architecture. Claimed to adhere best of breed security solutions, uniquely architected to be integrated, automated and simple to use, the Cisco security portfolio is touted to provide an effective approach for securing their digital business models.
Reiterating on the security-front digital transformation spree, from the network to the endpoint to the cloud; the company’s new architectural approach detects more threats and helps customers on average reduce their time from 100 days detection processes to less than 17 hours.
The networking giant has also announced the release of the following solutions and services:
- Cisco Umbrella Roaming: This centralized, cloud-delivered protection is the simplest way to remove off-network blind spots, guarding roaming employees wherever they work. With Umbrella Roaming, now embedded as a module with AnyConnect (Cisco’s VPN solution), organizations can add a new layer of off-network protection that blocks connections to malicious sites without needing to deploy another agent.
- Cisco Umbrella Branch: This cloud-delivered solution gives businesses more control over guest Wi-Fi use with easy content filtering. With Umbrella Branch, businesses can simply upgrade Integrated Services Routers (ISR) for simple, fast and comprehensive security at branch locations.
- Cisco Defense Orchestrator: This cloud-based management application enables users to easily and effectively manage a large security infrastructure and policies in distributed locations across thousands of devices through a simple cloud-based console. It cuts through complexity to manage security policies across Cisco security products from ASA and ASAv firewalls to Cisco Firepower next-generation firewalls and ASA with FirePOWER™ Services featuring Firepower Threat Defense, and OpenDNS.
- Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances with Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) and Threat Grid: This completely cloud-managed unified threat management (UTM) solution simplifies advanced threat protection for the distributed enterprise, providing branch offices with malware protection that checks files against its cloud database to identify malicious content, blocking the files before users download them.
- Cisco Stealthwatch Learning Network License: This component enables the Cisco ISR to act as a security sensor and enforcer for branch threat protection. It allows businesses to detect and track anomalies in network traffic, analyze suspicious network activity, and identify malicious traffic.
Additionally, Cisco Security Services for Digital Transformation is said to enable organizations to build a strong security foundation, which is the key to successful business outcomes. The new service helps organizations examine core security fundamentals that identify their readiness to adopt digital technologies.
“Digital business is the most impactful disruption to security in the history of the technology industry. As a result, companies are struggling to manage the security challenges from both large, distributed environments and the active adversaries aggressively targeting these expansive attack surfaces every day. Our customers are finding that they need a more integrated approach to security, and Cisco provides them with a threat-centric security architecture that is much more effective in a digital world,” said David Goeckeler, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Networking and Security Business, Cisco Systems.