Littelfuse has announced the new C&K Switches NanoT product line, a series of miniature, surface-mounted, very low profile, waterproof tactile switches.
Smart wearables, health monitoring devices, and other battery-powered IoT devices are driving the need for a higher density of active components integration, seamless rounded screens, and additional functions in increasingly smaller spaces. The result is a demand for the switch interface to be smaller and smaller. The new NanoT switch series is the smallest tactile solution on the market. It gives product designers room to build additional functionality into their design or reduce their printed circuit board (PCB) size.
The NanoT is ideal for use in a wide range of wearable and portable consumer electronics, including:
- Hearing aids
- Health monitoring devices
- Portable IoT devices
“We are excited to release the NanoT switches, the world’s smallest tactile solution currently available for high-end portable, wearable consumer and medical applications,” said Daisy Liu, Global Product Manager at C&K Switches, now part of Littelfuse. “They provide the smallest size, IP67 waterproof tact switch available. They use the surface-mount technology (SMT) reflow process for the top version and Pin-in-Paste (PIP) reflow process for the side version. As a result, this product addresses the market’s demand for smaller components while providing our customers with the ability to deliver high quality and high performance in their latest designs.”
The NanoT offers these key benefits:
- Ultra-compact size enables designers to add functionality or reduce PCB size, providing significant space-saving over other solutions on the market.
- Side-actuated package (2.2 x 1.70 x 1.65 mm) saves 35%.
- Top-actuated package (2.1 x 1.65 x 0.55 mm) saves 20%.
- PIP or SMT edge-mount versions allow excellent resistance to shock and shear testing, improving equipment lifetime while reducing layers of protections
- Life cycles up to 300K offer greater reliability, reducing the chance of costly repairs.
- IP67 provides end-user customers with the high reliability of waterproof functionality.
- Operation force options of 100, 160, and 240 gf provide the most common versions required by the market.
The NanoT are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 8,000 pieces for the top version and 7,500 for the side version. Place sample requests through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.