Dell EMC unveils Cloud for Microsoft Azure Stackon their new Dell EMC PowerEdge 14th generation (14G) servers
Dell EMC unveils Cloud for Microsoft Azure Stack on their new Dell EMC Power Edge 14th generation (14G) servers powered by Intel Xeon Scalable Processors.
With this newest generation of Power Edge servers, Dell EMC expects to be the first to bring to market the hot Azure Stack hybrid cloud offering on next generation compute. For customers, this means more performance, capacity and scalability for their investment. Dell EMC will begin taking orders in November and ship globally this December.
The 14thgeneration of Power Edge servers is purpose-built for hyper-converged infrastructure. This software stack integrated into Power Edge servers will pack-in power and security while optimizing performance as a result of rigorous testing and validation.
With this newest generation of Power Edge servers, Dell EMC Cloud for Microsoft Azure stack will provide customers greater:
- Price performance – offering even better price for performance with the industry’s latest compute technology
- Capacity – including up to 156% more workload density
- Scalability – offering organizations investment protection to run more Azure Stack workloads with a platform that is easily expandable for years to come
With the large increase in overall capacity, the Dell EMC Cloud for Azure Stack’s hyper-converged infrastructure enables customers to successfully support more workloads in less physical space and original configuration size and standardize on a turnkey hybrid cloud platform that offers the flexibility to support expansion capabilities in the future.
This is critical for customers who want a consistent experience across Azure—whether it’s Azure public cloud or on-premises Azure Stack—for the long term. According to Dell EMC “cloud” isn’t a place, it’s an operations model, and IT organizations are expected to deliver a consistent end-user experience wherever data and applications reside.
Dell EMC’s Azure Stack platform makes all phases of the life-cycle (acquisition, deployment, operation and maintenance) a repeatable, predictable, turnkey experience—in keeping with the public cloud experience. Interoperability between public and private cloud resources has quickly become not just a “nice to have” but an absolute, top requirement for most organizations’ IT infrastructures.
Dell EMC Cloud for Microsoft Azure Stack delivers unmatched levels of integration, automation and manageability and enables customers to increase IT efficiencies while adopting a Dev/Ops model. Dell EMC is the only vendor who is able to provide an Azure Stack turnkey hybrid cloud platform that offers:
- A solution from the industry-leading hyper-converged infrastructure provider with a foundation of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers and Dell EMC Networking, offering flexible capacity and performance options.
- Simple, self-service, policy-enforceable encryption-as-a-service, through Dell EMC CloudLinkSecureVM, which provides granular control of where and under what circumstances VMs are allowed to boot and access sensitive data.
- Dell EMC best-in-class backup and recovery technologies, which allow you to protect your Azure Stack applications with confidence and align service levels to cost objectives.
- Reduced complexity and risk since we manage the component lifecycle for the entire hybrid cloud platform.
Further more, the adoption of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Azure extends to Dell EMC Cloud for Microsoft Azure Stack, continuing to deliver the promise of hybrid models with consistent services, APIs and consumption models for on- and off-premises.