Lifesize, a division of Logitech has announced enhancements to its Cloud based video conferencing service. The new enhancements offer better convenience, control and collaboration to empower every person and every conference room with easy-to-use, powerful performance in video communications technology.
Lifesize Cloud brings easy-to-use, scalable video communications to every person and every conference room across devices, applications, browsers and Lifesize endpoints.
“From small businesses to global corporations, the demand for cloud-based video communications is exploding,” said Gagan Verma, Regional Director India & SAARC Region, Lifesize. “Consumer applications have influenced the need to be fully accessible, anywhere at any time. Lifesize Cloud delivers the industry’s most integrated video experience, making it easy to connect across offices, small or large conference rooms and mobile devices in a scalable way.”
The new enhancements include:
- Interoperability with Microsoft Lync: Lync users can join meetings hosted on Lifesize Cloud from their Lync client application with a single click.
- 40-way group calling function: Host large company meetings so you can connect more people in more places with the new 40-way group calling feature.
- Easy scheduling in existing workflows: With Microsoft Outlook add-in and Google Chrome extension, users can schedule video meetings, invite anybody directly from Google Calendar or Outlook without opening the Lifesize Cloud app.
- Browser-based Quick Calling: Whether you use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, you can make “one-click” Lifesize Cloud video calls directly from web browser.
- Improved Control Settings: Take control over your meetings with the latest lecture mode, mute all and layout option features.
- Account insights: Observe which teams are leveraging video conferencing with the new active/available user dashboard. With this, account managers can transfer Lifesize Cloud accounts across the organization to get the most out of their investment.
- More devices: Connect your video conference from the latest Android devices like Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Motorola Moto X 2013 edition and iOS devices namely iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
“Video conferencing as a whole has shifted from hardware to SaaS, which has significantly increased the range of opportunities for cloud solutions,” said Andrew W. Davis, researcher, analyst, and opinion leader in the field of collaboration and conferencing for Wainhouse Research. “Lifesize is continuously updating their cloud solution to provide customers with the most relevant and useful features, ensuring that they have the best possible experience. From easy scheduling to Lync interoperability to browser-based calling, Lifesize makes it easy for any organization to adopt video conferencing into their everyday lives.”
The expanded capabilities of Lifesize Cloud are available; user can even download the 14-day free trial of Lifesize Cloud. It’s worth mentioning that, Lync interoperability and 40-way group calling features are available to Lifesize Cloud Enterprise Subscription Plan customers.
These updates follow the January announcement of two new Lifesize endpoints namely Icon 400 and Icon Flex.
- Icon 400– Designed for the huddle room and is purpose-built to deliver easy-to-use video communication with Lifesize Cloud and support all of the ways people communicate.
- Icon Flex-Designed for a business that already deploy a personal collaboration application and turns any small meeting room milieu into a complete conference room solution.