Commvault, a leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has announced several additions to its product portfolio. The latest addition will now empower organizations to thrive in the next wave of cloud adoption by turning public and hybrid clouds data into a powerful strategic information asset.
The company has released Commvault Cloud Disaster Recovery, Commvault Cloud Development and Test, Commvault Cloud Gateway and Commvault Cloud Replication solutions; with this, the company is addressing many serious requirements crucial by enterprises today.
Commvault’s latest cloud solutions are aiming to increase the value of an enterprise’s cloud investment by supplying cloud automation and orchestration tools integrated with industry-leading cloud platforms for disaster recovery, migrations, backup and archive, the press release states.
Commvault Cloud Disaster Recovery (CCDR) Makes Large Scale Recovery a Reality in the Cloud
CCDR solution enables:
- Recovery in the cloud, regardless of on-premise deployment model, hypervisor (VMware/ HyperV),or location (public/private/hybrid)
- Consistent policy-based management by extending VM provisioning and workflows from on premise into the public/hybrid cloud.
- Full disaster recovery as an operational reality across all workload types, by allowing full restores to VMs in Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS)
“Enterprises are moving to operationalize cloud usage for applications and accelerate the time to value,” said Sabrinath Rao, head of the Cloud Business Unit at Commvault. “Our solutions make it much easier for customers to derive value from their cloud investments, by deeply integrating the on-premise and in-cloud infrastructure, starting with the data and then extending out to controlling access and optimizing utilization. These new cloud solutions combined with our leadership in data protection and information management makes Commvault the trusted advisor for customers moving to the cloud.”
Commvault Strengthens Data Usage in the Cloud with Development and Test, Gateway and Replication Enhancements:
Cloud Development and Test (CDT)–The Commvault solution ties VM Provisioning & Workflows and applies them to managing utilization of Development and Test environments in the cloud. Apart from reducing administrative overhead, it delivers infrastructure managers with security against runaway costs.
- Cloud Gateway (CG)–Crafting on the success of its appliance offering, this software-based gateway is an extension of Commvault’s overall cloud appliance strategy. It improves overall backup agility, flexibility and performance, extending the protection tier from on-premise to the cloud.
- Cloud Replication (CR) –This completes Commvault’s cloud capabilities in providing customers choice, flexibility, and speed as they choose how to get data to the cloud.
“The cloud is quickly growing in the enterprise from a pure backup play to becoming a real production-level environment,” said Phil Goodwin, research director at IDC. “That transition requires cost-effective and efficient access, through the type of capabilities Commvault is debuting, to accelerate data cloud recovery and migration.”