Conrad Electronic announces the availability of two new pairs of entry-level hand-held test units from Voltcraft power supplies and charging technology.
The launch includes the VC310 and VC320 clamp meters and the VC155 and VC165 digital multimeters, both sets representing excellent value for a range of users from professional to hobbyists.
Key Nuggets Include:
- Enabling non-contact AC current measurement, the new VC310 and VC320 clamp meters are ultra-compact and highly robust entry-level units that offer a very good price-performance ratio and the latest ergonomic technology.
- Each unit integrates a clamp sensor, meaning it no longer necessary to separate the circuit for measurement.
- Using the clamp method, current measurements can be performed without the usual disconnection and disconnection of the circuit, thereby avoiding system downtime.
- Providing 2000 display counts, both units offer three current ranges up to 2, 20 and 200A, respectively, from a minimum current of 1mA.
- The VC320 unit also offers exact measurements via its True RMS capability, which enables the accurate measurement of unbalanced voltages and currents that deviate from the basic AC sinewave.
- The two clamp meters are also ISO calibrated, which is required if the unit is to be used in an ISO9001 certified environment.
- The new Voltcraft VC155 and VC165 are hand-held multimeters that have been designed to be robust entry-level instruments.
- Primarily aimed at the home and hobbyist markets, the units offer an excellent price/performance ratio enabling users to perform reliable measurement tasks.
Rated for CAT III readings up to 600V and offering 2000 display counts, measurement ranges provided include: dc voltage from 0.1mV up to 600V (from 0.01mV for the VC165); ac voltage from 0.1V up to 600V (from 0.01mV for the VC165); DC current from 1A up to 10A for the VC155, and both ac and dc current from 0.1A up to 10A for the VC165; as well as resistance measurement; and True-RMS for the VC165.
All the four devices – clamp meters and digital multimeters – are housed in soft rubber to deliver easy and protective handling. Voltcraft also provides a three-year warranty and customer support for all the units.