FOUNTAIN VALLEY, USA: D-Link Systems Inc. introduced its latest generation of SmartPro switches – DGS-1510 Series – with available 16, 24 or 48 port models. Buttressed with 10 Gigabit port connectivity, these new-fangled switches are ideal for deployment in SMB core environments, providing reliable, scalable and modular interconnections between core and edge switches with rich capabilities and simplified flexibility.
“This new series of SmartPro switches offers many key features previously only available in full-featured managed switches, including 10 Gigabit ports, physical stacking capabilities and an enhanced Command Line Interface (CLI),” alleged Steven Olen, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc.
Supplementing that – “IT professionals and network managers can now enjoy the benefits of a full-featured managed switch at the price of a more affordable smart switch solution.”
To simplify network administration, augment scalability and flexibility, and provide a more robust network, six units or 288 Gigabit ports can be configured as a stack with up to 40 Gigabits of full duplex stacking bandwidth using optional direct attach copper (DAC) or fiber optic cables to afford high bandwidth with cost efficiency.
Unlike competitive models, any switch in the DGS-1510 SmartPro series can be mixed in a single stack to allow simultaneous and easy configuration, management and troubleshooting.
Additional features and performance benefits comprise in the order as, Viz:
- Versatile Management – Supports a fully featured CLI via dedicated out-of-band console port for simplified network operations, administration and maintenance
- Static Routing – Provides inter-VLAN routing capabilities to alleviate undue loading on an SMB’s network router
- Layer 2 Features – Equipped with complete lineup of Layer 2 features, including IGMP Snooping, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree, and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Bandwidth Control – Supports Auto Surveillance VLAN (ASV) and Auto Voice VLAN, best suited for VoIP and video surveillance deployments
- IPv6 Ready – Supports various IPv6 functions such as MLD Snooping, IPv6 ACL/QoS, and IMPBv6 to ensure seamless integration of next generation networks
- D-Link Green 3.0 Technology – Uses 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet standard to conserve power without sacrificing operational performance or functionality by automatically decreasing power usage when traffic is low
The DGS-1510 will be available in early April 2014 through D-Link’s vast network of channel partners.