Cumulus Networks announced version 2.0 of NetQ, a highly scalable modern network operations toolset delivering real-time actionable insights and operational intelligence about the health of data center networks — from the container, virtual machine, or host, all the way to the switch and port.
NetQ 2.0 provides fabric-wide visibility, full lifecycle management, closed-loop automation and is one step closer along the journey to intent-based networking. With a new graphical user interface (GUI), preventative validation and open API integrations, network operators can easily build open, scalable infrastructure, troubleshoot, and achieve clear network visibility – reducing costly business disruptions.
In order to ensure the data center network is behaving as intended, obtaining a holistic view of the network is critical. While existing tools only scan infrastructure every 15 minutes, NetQ takes an always-on approach using a scalable data ingestion engine with real-time collection and processing of the data, without burdening the network. NetQ performs three primary functions:
- Data collection via real-time and historical telemetry and network state information
- Data analytics leveraging robust algorithms
- Data visualization through a rich GUI for actionable insights
With NetQ, network operations change from a manual, reactive, box-by-box approach to an automated, informed and agile one greatly reducing network downtime and freeing up network operators time.
NetQ is built for the modern, automated cloud network and gives network operators the comfort to identify, embrace, and simply operationalize data center networking, said the company
Running on Cumulus Linux switches and other Linux devices — such as Ubuntu, Red Hat, and CentOS hosts — NetQ captures real-time telemetry and network state information, providing cloud architects and network operations teams the ability to process and visualize data to operate with a complete understanding of the status and performance of their network.
The Key NetQ 2.0 Features and Capabilities include:
- New graphic user interface (GUI) and command-line user interface (CLI) to simplify operations and increase efficiency.
- Cloud-scale architecture that offers massive horizontal scaling, which parallels the largest cloud companies.
- Real-time telemetry drastically reduces the time and effort required to find and resolve network issues.
- Deep analytics with L1-L3 insights, including a network overlay view for actionable insights that provide visibility into and intelligence about the health of the network.
- Any-Linux data aggregation delivers more real-time and historical data than any other operations toolset with a view that extends from the container, virtual machine, or host, all the way to the switch and port.
- Rest API for extraction to a wide variety of third-party tools for the development of desired integrations, offering unparalleled flexibility.
- Diagnostic troubleshooting with validation, trace and proactive alerting.
- Kubernetes deployment monitoring providing impact analysis and complete end-to-end visibility.
For more information visit: NetQ product page