Barracuda has introduced Advanced Bot Protection. Advanced Bot Protection uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help customers defend against the latest automated threats. The solution is available for both the Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service and Web Application Firewall platforms.
With Advanced Bot Protection, Barracuda WAF customers have access to functionality that includes:
- Bot spam detection — Reduce referrer spam and block comment spam
- Credential stuffing prevention — Block credential stuffing to stop account takeover attacks
- Request risk scoring — Track incoming requests and use advanced behavioral analytics to detect attackers
- Client fingerprinting — Track users with better fidelity than IP addresses
- Dedicated bot mitigation UI — New user interface makes it easy to configure bot mitigation features
According to a report by Verizon, web applications are the number one attack vector for hacks resulting in breaches and malicious bots pose a significant threat to application security. Bots have evolved from using simple scripts to using sophisticated tactics such as headless browsers and machine learning to break through traditional application security defenses. Organizations need an application security solution that can keep up with these evolving attacks.
“In order to effectively protect their organizations against today’s evolving threats, customers need sophisticated bot mitigation capabilities,” said Tim Jefferson, SVP of Data Protection, Network and Application Security, Barracuda. “Traditional web application firewalls don’t all provide advanced bot protection, and some bot mitigation vendors only offer point solutions that aren’t integrated into WAFs. Advanced Bot Protection is fully integrated into Barracuda’s web application firewalls to provide a complete application security solution that is easy to deploy and manage.”
Further information: Click here