(Murli Mohan, Director & GM, Dell Software Group)
Dell commences the release of the Dell SonicWALL TZ Wireless Firewall Series. The series is a comprehensive wireless network security solutions that enable both small- and mid-sized businesses and large, distributed enterprises with the benefits of enterprise-class 802.11ac wireless performance and security, topping it with a simple network set-up and management console, all at a lower total cost of ownership.
Benefits of the new Dell SonicWALL TZ Wireless Series include:
- Exceptional security that keeps the network safe from sophisticated modern threats with highly effective anti-malware, intrusion prevention and a proven security architecture. Attain a higher level of security with deep packet inspection on all traffic – including encrypted SSL connections.
- Deep packet inspection to scrub traffic using an array of intrusion prevention, SSL decryption and inspection, application control, and content filtering technologies, all of which provide broad protection from unwanted intrusions, corrupt websites, and hidden malware. The Dell SonicWALL TZ600 features 67 percent faster DPI performance than the Fortinet FG-100D firewall1.
- The flexibility and scalability to deliver secure, high-speed 802.11ac wireless connectivity wherever it is needed. Integrated wireless can be used for those who work in close proximity to the firewall, or for larger deployments, multiple external Dell SonicPoint wireless access points can be added to increase the number of users and devices that can connect to the wireless LAN as needed.
- Inspection of files at line speed without limits on file size. Using the latest technologies, Dell’s wireless solution uses the new 802.11ac standard to deliver up to three times the speed of competitive 802.11n solutions. This enables wireless to become transparent to the user because waiting for files to download is not an issue.
- Impressively low TCO with a user-friendly GUI to drive down costs by simplifying deployment and ongoing management.
Talking on the launch, Murli Mohan, Director & General Manager, Dell Software Group said, Network security continues to be of grave concern to organizations and the risks posed by such security threats is industry-agnostic. Today, cyber criminals find newer and increasingly sophisticated ways of attacking the network and this calls for organizations to constantly revisit their network security systems. The need to invest in robust security solutions that can offer comprehensive protection has never been greater. The new Dell SonicWALL TZ wireless firewalls have been designed to cater to small and mid-sized businesses as well as large enterprises. This will also support the latest high-speed 802.11ac wireless standard, offering high level secure connectivity to the wireless network. Keeping the importance of layered security approach in mind, the TZ wireless firewalls provides a multi-layered approach to security which includes critical aspects such as deep packet inspection, application intelligence, control and visualization, as well as central management technology that needs a basic network set-up with minimum total cost of ownership.
2015 Dell Security Annual Threat Report unveiled that more companies were exposed to attackers “hiding in plain sight” as a result of SSL/TLS encrypted traffic, making it critical for firewalls to inspect both wired and wireless traffic.
Secure wireless connectivity should enable the business by boosting productivity for employees, onsite partners and contractors, as well as enhancing customer experience and satisfaction, and increasing sales and loyalty at a cost usually less than that of deploying a wired infrastructure.
Dell TZ wireless firewalls address the need of enterprise-grade security and high-performance wireless access.
- The Dell SonicWALL TZ300 Wireless-AC, TZ400 Wireless-AC and TZ500 Wireless-AC are exclusively obtainable, while the SOHO Wireless-N solution will be available in August.
- The Dell SonicPoints wireless access points are available immediately.
- Dell solutions are available via Dell.com and through channel partners.