Biomatiques Identification Solutions rolls out next-gen range of products, comprehensively designed for security and access control. The solutions from Biomatiques come with a low percentage of FAR – False Acceptance Rate & FRR – False Rejection Rate.
- Iris recognition uses random textures that are visible in the eye, using the eye to confirm someone’s identity.
- Unlike voice, fingerprints & facial structure, iris patterns have far more random patterns.
- An algorithm is created to map the iris, and then the random patterns which are formed are used to create a unique bar code which is unique for every individual.
- The probability of duplication for voice recognition is 1 in 500, facial recognition – 1 in 1000, fingerprint – 1 in 10,000, Apple touch ID – 1 in 50,000, Iris recognition – 1 in 15,00,000.
Commenting on the new launch, Tamaal Roy, CEO of Biomatiques said, “In today’s times, hacking systems or breaking security codes has become quite easy. With the right tools anyone can fake an identity and get access. It is not difficult to steal an access card, to crack a security code, to fake a voice or finger print. Even getting entry in a secure access area or getting access to a bank, email account or social networking account is not such a tough nut to crack. Our eye opening breakthrough technology of Iris recognition is set to replace the fingerprint technology.”
- The new range of scanners can be fixed outside the door and used for key less entry.
- It can double up as additional security for mobiles and personal computers and even apps, email clients and social networking websites.
- Iris Recognition Technology eradicates manual validation and proxies, encourages punctuality and efficiency in schools and organizations where capturing attendance is mandatory.
- It can be further used for forensic & criminal investigation, for security checks at airports and border security.
- It can also be useful at data centers, labs, hospitals, banks and utility centers.
Biomatiques asserts that it paves the way for affordable security solutions and identification assurance in India.