Born out of the engineering DNA of Siemens; Unify is a cardinal software and service provider of Unified Communications, Managed Services, Professional Services, Maintenance and Support and Security. Picking up few from its cutting-edge technologies, the company has a solid footprint in the APAC region and has recently enriched its business strategies across India.
Impulsive to understand more about Unify; BIS Infotech reached out to ShrenikBhayani, Country Head- India & SAARC business at Unify GmbH & Co. for a candid chat on the current strategies of the company and Unify’s Vision on the pragmatic digital evolution which India is undergoing. Excerpts.
- Unify as a Company and its capabilities’ in providing services to the Enterprise?
Unify is a global communications software and services company. Our new name reflects perfectly what we do: we unify our customers’ communications systems. By synchronizing technologies, creating an engaging user experience and weaving communications seamlessly into the way businesses operate, we empower an increasingly mobile workforce to work better together. The result is a transformation of how the enterprise communicates and collaborates that amplifies collective efforts, energizes the business and drives better performance.
- What are the best known solution/ services provided by Unify?
Our solutions & products, seamlessly add IP voice, web collaboration, video conferencing, mobility, contact center application, advanced messaging and more to customers’ existing infrastructure, business processes and productivity. Our carrier-grade solutions are robust, scalable and easy to deploy. We also have vertical specific solutions for Healthcare Industry, Financial Industry, Public Sector & higher education, Energy & Utilities & Automobile industry.
- Unify currently announces its mutation to be a Channel-Centric Organization? Any comments.
The company’s transformation of direct business to indirect business in India is complete. Hundred per cent shares of Unify Enterprise Communications Pvt Ltd India have been acquired by Progility PLC UK, which is an AIM listed company based in London. Unify has created a distribution-and services focused organization to enable scaling-up rapidly and extending its reach globally and in India. Unify India will now have a 100% Channel-focused go-to-market strategy.
- Company’s transformation of direct business to indirect business in India is complete – Any specific strategies to foot-step into the indirect business.
We are going to double our partner strength in 2 quarters. We will recruit new solution focused partners in Class A cities & product focused partners in Class B cities. The recruitment of newer partners will be on the bases of current gap on the territory coverage and the market potential of the specific territory.
- What are the sectors Unify are targeting in India? What opportunities and market space do you find in these sectors?
Our Collaboration solution portfolio addresses SMB, Mid Market and Large Enterprises. We will have special focus on Healthcare, Hospitality & Infrastructure verticals. All the verticals are growing and there is a clear need of true collaborative solutions in these verticals.
- What are your investment plans in India?
- Unify to invest in infrastructure in India – office, demo capabilites, training rooms.
- Unify to invest in headcounts in India – specifically around territory coverage, vertical solutions, enhancing sales and presales capabilites for partners.
- Unify will invest along with partners and distributors for the growth of business – industry events, channel events, customer events, etc.
- What are the upcoming plans of Unify for the year 2015-16?
- In next 2 quarters we will double our partner strength.
- We will enable our distributor to deliver all the Value added Services (implementation & Maintenance Services) to support new partners
- We will focus with our vertical solutions and penetrate deeper with our partners into existing and new accounts.
- Indian operators are lobbying for a delay of two years before any sale of spectrum in the 700 MHz band to give more time for them to create business plans and for the ecosystem to mature? Any comments to it?
Mobility is key to customers today. Mobility facilitates working in Virtual teams, faster decision making & accelerating business growth. The key to mobility is availability of bandwidth at user end for the user to run multiple services on the device of his/her choice.
- How optimistic is Unify with Govt. ‘Make in India’ Initiative and where does Unify draw lines in this decisive campaign?
Unify is optimistic with Government’s “Make in India” Initiative and we support the initiative.