Innovation and integration around security solutions provide customers with cutting edge end-to-end security capabilities
Security has been the concern as the enterprise migrates to new level of connected businesses. In a strive to address the growing vulnerabilities – Dell has announced a comprehensive range of enterprise security solutions enabling customers to protect their organization from evolving threats while giving business agility.
New future-ready solutions from Dell’s security portfolio include: a new approach to detecting and blocking advanced persistent threats; expanded user security for cloud apps with multi-factor authentication; enhancements to the Dell Data Protection (DDP) suite of data security solutions; management and policy integration across Dell next-generation firewalls (NGFWs), the switch and wireless access point; and new application security services. These new solutions reinforce Dell’s commitment to delivering a full range of security solutions designed to meet the myriad of security challenges a customer faces.
To protect customers against the increasing dangers of advanced persistent threats (APTs), Dell is offering a technology preview of the Dell SonicWALL APT Protection Service at Dell World. This new service – available on both firewalls and email security solutions – scans files of any size and holds potentially malicious unknown files until a verdict can be reached. This solution is built on multi-layered sandbox technologies that use both system emulation and virtualization techniques to detect more threats than competitors’ single engine solutions and leverages the SonicWALL GRID, our cloud forensics platform which leverages real time analytics from over 500K connected NGFWs. Customers benefit from fast response times, high security effectiveness and reduced total cost of ownership.
Additional Offerings of the Network Security:
- New integrated management of Dell Networking X-Series switches through the Dell SonicWALL firewall interface, allowing customers to manage and enforce security policies across their network security, switching, wireless and WAN acceleration from a single pane of glass. This reduces complexity, increases operational efficiency and ultimately leads to better network security for multi-unit deployments.
- Dell SonicWALL Email Security increases effectiveness with the addition of Cyren anti-virus signatures. Dell Hosted Email Security and Email Security appliances and software running release 8.2 now feature best in class multi-layer AV protection including DELL SonicWALL GRID AV, McAfee AV, Kaspersy AV and Cyren AV.
Identity & Access Management
The new Dell One Identity Cloud Access Manager 8.1 enables secure access to all internal and cloud-based web applications, enforcing security policies and controls while improving user productivity, and the new version adds SaaS-based, multi-factor authentication via Defender as a Service.
Dell also expanded the Security Analytics Engine included with CAM, to gather information from more sources to further expand the ability to make context-aware security a reality with real-time, adaptive decisions and enforcement.
Data Security Solutions
Dell Security Solutions has announced three new solutions to the Dell Data Protection (DDP) portfolio to ensure data is protected wherever it goes.
- Dell Data Protection | Cloud Edition 2.0 allows businesses to encrypt their data and enact enterprise-class policy controls as the data moves from the endpoint to leading public cloud platforms. The latest edition of DDP | CE 2.0 encompasses Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive for Business in addition to Box and Dropbox.
- With customers storing more information on remote servers outside data centers with traditional security infrastructures, sensitive data is becoming increasingly exposed. Dell Data Protection | Server Encryption provides comprehensive software encryption for Windows servers in branch or remote offices, including state and local government offices, retail outlets and law offices handling confidential client data. DDP | SE enables businesses to better protect data on vulnerable servers and enjoy easier management and compliance reporting.
- The new Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Recovery solution will provide customers with simple continuous backup for laptops, desktops and tablets, designed to minimize data loss and enable fast, easy recovery.
Dell SecureWorks recently announced the general availability of its new on-demand Emergency Cyber Incident Response (ECIR) capability for clients deploying assets on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Developed through collaboration with AWS, Dell SecureWorks’ Emergency Cyber Incident Response helps organizations investigate cyber incidents affecting their assets deployed on the AWS Cloud. Though cloud infrastructure does not change the fundamentals of incident response and digital forensics, cloud infrastructure requires modifications to the process for efficient and effective containment, mitigation, data collection, and analysis within the cloud. As a result, Dell SecureWorks has codified these techniques in order to perform highly efficient and scalable cyber incident response investigations.
Dell Services has also rolled out Dell AEGIS, a tool that helps enterprise customers identify and assess the vulnerabilities associated with a company’s mission-critical applications and take preventive measures. AEGIS is in addition to Dell’s Managed Security Services, which bring together an end-to-end portfolio of security services for all industries to protect key information assets across public and private cloud, networks, hosts and applications. Dell Services security experts become an extension of customers’ in-house IT staff and provide security analysis, device and technologies configuration, alert management and 24×7 monitoring.
Commenting on the instigation, Murli Mohan, Director and General Manager, Dell Software Group said, “In today’s dynamic social marketplace, network integrity continues to be on top of a CIO’s business priorities. Unfortunately, cyber criminals find newer and more sophisticated ways to attack business assets and hunt for vulnerabilities constantly. It becomes imperative that companies explore a more holistic and layered security solution that will help them protect their networks. Additionally, investments need to be made in robust security solutions that will help detect and protect from observable threats in real time. Dell’s newly launched security solutions will help businesses safeguard their data against all forms of evolving threats through a complete suite of next-generation firewalls , user security and access, and end point controls.”
- Dell One Identity Cloud Access Manager 8.1 is available on October 28 worldwide.
- Dell SonicWALL Email Security is exclusively obtainable globally.
- Dell SecureWorks’ on-demand Emergency Cyber Incident Response (ECIR) capability for clients deploying assets on Amazon Web Services (AWS) is available now in the North America, Latin America, EMEA, APJ and ANZ regions.
- Dell Data Protection | Cloud Edition 2.0, Dell Data Protection | Server Encryption and Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Recovery are available today in the United States and select countries around the world.
- Additionally, the integrated solution of X-Series switches, TZ Series UTM firewalls, SonicPoint Series wireless access points, WAN Acceleration Series and GMS will be available in 2016.