The IT industry has been tremendously successful in the last twenty years, but what is ahead of us is even more exciting. Digital is going to suddenly expand the market. At the same time, there is going to be a significant compression in the traditional IT market.
In 2016, the buzzword in the IT industry will remain around ‘Digital Transformation’. As the Digital Mantra evolves among enterprises all over the world, this has started taking meaningful shape only in the last few years. By now we have realized that Digital Transformation is not mere a technology framework and it’s not just an IT problem but about the entire gamut of business.
The other way to look at is ‘Digital’ offers a lot of creative possibilities to serve the customer in an innovative way, in a co-creative way, to create greater value to your customer, thereby generating tremendous positivity for your shareholders. The year 2016 will witness greater developments around Digital Transformation and more and more enterprises adopting digital strategies to stay relevant in a highly competitive business environment.
Applications of Digital transformation is not limited to enterprise but a larger set of audience; a common man, government, society – all are set to witness its impact, it will disrupt the way we live today. When we look at Digital; 3-D printing is one form of expression of digital. Driverless car, Robotics and Digital Payment Solutions are another form of expression of digital. If you look at it, it is going to impact manufacturing, it is going to impact the IT services industry, it is going to impact banking, it will impact law and order, and it is going to impact government.
2016 will be the year that witness higher adoption of digital technologies across the society and when we look back at the end of 2016, I am sure everyone will wonder how the overall scheme of things changed in just one year; be it the way you run your business, how a society function, how governance take place or how an individual transform himself as a digitally empowered citizen.
Foresee for 2016:
With technology constantly being upgraded, we expect to see a lot of breakthrough trends in the coming year. Ranging from IoT to Wearables and Robotics, the technology industry will see a lot of automation services in the year 2016. However, below are some trends that we can expect for 2016:
- Significant focus on replacing humans with software. We expect low end work in Infrastructure Services and BPM to be done by applications / tools / software, displacing humans
- Significant movement of non-production workloads and even production workload of non-critical work to move to the cloud
- IoT based technologies and business process innovations will become mainstream across industries; associated high volume data sets will open up huge opportunities for Big Data, Advanced Analytics and real time big data extraction; transformation, analysis and predictive analytics application requirements will further mushroom
- Complex tasks to be simplified with tools & automation becoming simpler tasks and hence moving offshore
- We expect completely new technologies (e.g. Wearables, HaloLens, Robotics, Drones etc.) to be adopted by enterprises in order to gain an edge over competition