DP Flex Lightweight Battery Module Unveils at Future Mobility Asia 2023
Durapower Holdings Pte Ltd (“Durapower”) has launched the new DP Flex battery module at the Future Mobility Asia 2023 event exhibition at Queen Sirikit National Convention Center in Bangkok, Thailand, from 17 May 2023 to 19 May 2023.
The DP Flex is a relatively compact battery module with advanced, proprietary lithium battery technology which provides significant energy density advantages due to its light weight of 63 kilograms and integration with an electric vehicle chassis.
The DP Flex is the first of its kind by Durapower and provides several benefits such as:
- Cutting-edge technology maximises energy density and efficiency
- Lightweight design with no compromise on structural integrity
- Able to use the electric vehicle chassis as the battery pack enclosure1, resulting in potential significant energy density benefits from the overall lighter weight
- Fast pantographic charging design allows vehicles to travel longer ranges with a minimum battery load
- Flexible system design to meet various heavy-duty application needs and/or load cycles
- Applicable in all weather conditions and seasons
- Second-life deployment capability reduces total cost of ownership
- Has attained UN ECE R100 (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Regulation No.100), UN38.3 (United Nations 38.3), International Electrotechnical Commission 62660-2, and International Electrotechnical Commission 62619 certifications
The flexible, modular design of the DP Flex enables it to be easily adapted for various applications, including using electric vehicle chassis as the battery pack enclosure, or installation into cabinets or containers for stationary energy storage system applications. DP Flex adds to Durapower’s existing product portfolio of battery solutions, and translates into compatibility with a wide range of commercial vehicles.
Kelvin Lim, Chief Executive Officer of Durapower Group commented, “We are pleased to showcase our lightweight next generation commercial electric vehicle battery module that is also flexible enough to be conveniently installed for stationary battery energy storage system applications and second-life deployment. The high energy density DP Flex also highlights Durapower’s technical capability and innovation to push the boundaries of the energy storage industry to offer more efficient clean energy solutions to the world.”