EcoCortec has launched the world’s first Eco-Corr Film ESD – biodegradable, compostable static dissipative films and bags powered by “Nano” VpCI.
This latest film technology is targeted mainly for electronics, telecommunications, packaging, and electric car industries seeking environmentally friendly packaging solutions. In anticipation of new EU regulations penalizing sales of non-recyclable plastic packaging materials, EcoCortec is offering a revolutionary, commercially compostable alternative to conventional polyethylene electrostatic dissipating (ESD) films.
Eco-Corr Film ESD products are high performance anti-static, corrosion inhibiting films and bags intended for disposal in a commercial composting environment. They are designed for use in the protection of static sensitive multi-metal items such as electronics. The film contains permanent anti-static properties to immediately reduce or eliminate static buildup as long as the films or bags are in use, independent of the presence of humidity.
Eco-Corr Film ESD forms molecular corrosion inhibiting layer on metal substrates and does not interfere with the physical or chemical properties of electronic components. The film and bags replace conventional rust preventatives such as oils and desiccants and allow the film to be used immediately without cleaning or degreasing. Eco-Corr Film is commercially compostable, meaning that when the film is placed in a typical commercial composting environment it will disintegrate within months.
- Contains Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCI) to protect void spaces and recessed areas
- Contains permanent anti-static agent
- Does not affect optical properties
- Does not affect plastics used in the electronics industry
- Does not contain free amines or harmful Prop 65 ingredients
- Commercially compostable packaging film that provides contact, barrier, and vapor corrosion inhibition
- Meets NACE TM0208-2008 standard for corrosion protection
- Meets German TL-8135-002 standard for corrosion protection
- Complete replacement for non-degradable and inferior blend films
- Static decay rate conformance to MIL-PRF-81705D
- No ill effects on solder ability of PCB, meeting the requirements of IPC-JSTD-003C, Am1 (Edge Dip Solder ability Tests)
A Czech subsidiary of one of the world’s three largest car manufacturers selected Eco-Corr Film as a biodegradable substitute to reduce the amount of conventional plastic packaging they use. They tested Eco-Corr Film as part of their new “green” logistics project aimed at decreasing plastic consumption.