Mist Systems announced new enhancements to the Mist platform to make the AI-driven enterprise even more robust, simple and scalable.
- A microservices cloud architecture that brings resiliency and agility to network operations with abstracted control for scale
- A 100% programmable platform that enables automated workflows for proactive and efficient IT operations
- An integrated AI engine that brings automation and insight without expensive overlay hardware or software
- Robust insight into the user experience through extensive data collection and analysis
AI for AX
Since inception, the Mist family of Access Points have stood out in the industry for their unique ability to merge Wi-Fi, virtual Bluetooth LE (vBLE) and IoT into a cost-effective and scalable platform that is managed via the Mist cloud.Mist is now expanding the family further with new 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) Access Points: the AP43 Series.
The company will be uniquely applying artificial intelligence to the AP43 to maximize the benefits of 802.11ax. Sample “AI for AX” features include:
- Intelligent load-balancing between radios/bands
- Service levels that monitor and enforce OFDMA subcarrier assignments
- BSS coloring assignments for high-density Wi-Fi environments
- Sticky client prevention using AI-driven algorithms
The Key features of the AP43 include:
- 802.11ax w/ dual 5Ghz radios
- Dedicated dual-band 3rd radio for security, network and location sensing
- 802.3bz Multi-Gigabit ethernet uplinks
- Mist patented virtual BLE antenna array
- IoT expansion ports
Mist Edge brings select microservices to the campus while continuing to leverage the Mist cloud and its distributed software architecture for scalable and resilient operations, management, troubleshooting and analytics.
Example use cases for Mist Edge include:
- Split tunneling for guest access vs corporate traffic
- Seamless roaming for large campus networks (via localized tunneling)
- Extending VLANs to distributed branches and telecommuters to replace remote VPN technology
- Wi-Fi backhaul for IoT devices
In addition to leveraging AI to simplify IT operations, the company aims to utilize AI to disrupt the traditional enterprise support model in the following ways:
- Mist is able to notify customers and partners proactively when issues are detected, enabling rapid problem resolution. If the issue persists and live support is needed, the trouble ticket is automatically routed to tier 3 experts in the Mist TAC, all without the need for reactive customer actions.
- In the traditional model of calling tier-1 support, users have to convince the person on the phone that an issue actually exists before getting routed to tier 2 (where the process is repeated).In contrast, when a customer or partner calls Mist for support, the Mist engineer answering the phone is already aware of the issue (thanks to Marvis, our AI-driven assistant). This removes the up-front “inquisition” phase. In addition, Marvis provides insight into the problem to the TAC personnel, ensuring a tier-3 level experience from the initial interaction.
Mist customers and partners can all benefit from the following unique capabilities:
- Dynamic Packet Capture (dPCAP) automatically collects data when detecting a major issue, minimizing onsite visits for troubleshooting
- Event correlation using machine learning helps to identify the root cause of problems quickly (across wireless, wired and device domains)
- Service Level Expectations (SLEs) for key wired/wireless criteria can be set, monitored and enforced by customers and partners, and automated workflows quickly address issues
- Marvis Virtual Network Assistant (VNA) provides trending insight, recommendations on how to fix problems and other integrated help-desk functions using natural language queries and AI-driven intelligence.
Gone are the days when customers and partners have to convince their vendors that they have an issue, let alone contact someone who can fix it. Mist’s ultimate goal is to eliminate the trouble ticket altogether with proactive notifications and self-healing. If that cannot happen, problem resolution should be as fast and painless as possible.
Watch the video, Click here