element14 is releasing the new 1200 V TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 and emitter-controlled EC7 diode from Infineon Technologies. Packaged in the well-known Easy housing, this EasyPIM IGBT7 provides higher power density, lower system cost, and reduced system size.
The 1200 V TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 and EC7 diode technology is based on latest micro-pattern trenches technology and optimized for industrial drive applications which mean much lower static losses to meet energy efficiency requirements, softer switching and improved controllability. Additionally, by raising the allowed maximum overload junction temperature up to 175 °C in the power module, a significant increase of power density can be obtained.
The 1200 V TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 is available in a range of modules; the EasyPIM 1B 1200 V, three phase input rectifier PIM (Power Integrated Modules) in 10 A and 25 A options and the 1200 V six-pack IGBT module EasyPACK 2B 1200 V, 100 A six-pack IGBT module.
The new modules are designed with the same pinout as TRENCHSTOP IGBT4 modules, which support design engineers in reducing the design effort. New modules also enable a higher output current in the same package, or the similar output current in a smaller package resulting in more compact inverter designs where needed. All module types are equipped with Infineon’s reliable PressFit mounting technology for low ohmic resistance and reduced process time.
The Key Benefits of TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 include:
- Low losses – new chip technology shows extremely lower losses with optimized low Vce(sat).
- dv/dt optimized for 2-8kV/µs, tailored for drive application.
- Short circuit is tailored for better performance, 8µs @150°C is enough for drive application.
- The gate drive is simpler and optimized for application condition. Only a gate resistor is enough to control.
- Increase of Tvjop up to 175°C increases the power density.
- Best-in-class VCE(sat).
- Operation at 175°C at overload.
- Enhanced controllability optimized for drive applications.
- Higher power density – Same power in 35% smaller package.
The Infineon 1200 V TRENCHSTOP IGBT7 and emitter-controlled EC7 diode modules are available from Farnell in EMEA, Newark in North America and element14 in APAC.