Emerson Network Power, a major provider of critical infrastructure for information and communications technology systems announces new capabilities and modules for its Trellis platform—including the addition of Trellis Thermal System Manager, a comprehensive environmental monitoring and management module that tracks the data center’s thermal profile to the device level.
Trellis Thermal System Manager offers time savings on equipment installation, enables increased cooling efficiency, and helps to identify and eradicate hot spots.
This is known to be the third major update of the Trellis platform data center infrastructure management (DCIM) since its initial release in 2012.
Other new features include:
- Integration with Emerson Network Power’s Avocent DSView management software to enable secure, remote management of data center infrastructure.
- New 2D/3D visualization capability, to allow local and remote users to rotate, zoom and view equipment at the room, rack and device level, and view rack-level airflow temperature profiles, to improve capacity planning and utilization activities.
- Performance and scalability enhancements specific to event processing, which address complex environments and growing needs in data centers of all sizes.
- User interface improvements, including a user-friendly landing page and global header bar.
- Enhancements to the Trellis power calculations, which reduce the risk of downtime due to power phase imbalances, and also reduce stranded capacity by balancing loads across all three phases.
“These are significant additions and enhancements to the Trellis platform, consistent with our modular, scalable approach to data center infrastructure management (DCIM), and further evidence of our ongoing commitment to the DCIM space,” said Enzo Greco, vice president and general manager of software for Emerson Network Power. “The data center is a complex, evolving environment, and no two facilities are the same. The Trellis platform, with its modular offerings engineered for deployment as needed, is designed to bring clarity to these spaces and maximize the value of our customers’ IT assets.”
Trellis Thermal System Manager enables real-time, device-level thermal monitoring with 3D visualization — including the ability to pan and rotate to better understand airflow temperature profiles. These capabilities can drive energy reduction efforts by eliminating wasted cooling, ensuring timely response to thermal events in order to avoid downtime, and reducing operating costs by increasing the accuracy of thermal metrics and planning.
Trellis platform integration with DSView management software enables simultaneous remote access and inventory management—a capability unique to the Trellis platform in the DCIM arena. Users can access secure, IP-based remote infrastructure management and control capabilities through the Trellis platform, streamlining and simplifying access from any IT devices.
The updated Trellis platform is available globally.
Further info: www.EmersonNetworkPower.com/Trellis,