Epson announces a comprehensive revamp to its Full HD projector range, rolls out the new EH-TW5300. Attending today’s need of clarity and grains, the EH-TW5300 is claimed to be an affordable full–HD projector featuring all the features of Epson’s high-end home theatre models comprising frame interpolation, image enhancement and 2D to 3D conversion.
“With the Epson EH-TW5300, we wanted to bring high-end, Full HD home theatre features to our entry-level Full HD segment,” says Samba Moorthy, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Epson India. “Never has an Epson Full HD projector with so many features and such high image quality been so affordable.”
- Frame interpolation technology – Frame Interpolation technology inserts new frames between original movie frames. As a result, blurring effects are suppressed and motion pictures look much smoother and sharper.
- Image enhancement – The EH-TW5300 sports a new image processing chip that gives the projector an “Image Enhancement” capability. What this does is that it detects the change in colour from the edge of an object to the background colour and works together with the noise reduction processing to sharpen the image.
- 2D to 3D conversion – With the EH-TW5300, 2D movies can be converted to 3D format for different viewing experience. As with Frame Interpolation and Image Enhancement, this feature used to be exclusive to Epson’s higher-end home theatre projector models.
- Screen Mirroring – The EH-TW5300 supports Intel WiDi/Wi-Fi certified Miracast technology that allows for easy wireless transmission of Full HD videos from PCs, smartphones and other devices. So what you see on your device is duplicated (mirrored) on the projection.
- Epson iProjection – The Wi-Fi equipped Epson EH-TW5300 is able to receive and project images from smart devices through wireless network using the Epson iProjection app. iProjection also allows a QR code to be displayed for smart devices to read and connect easily, after which they can be used as remote controls for the projector.
- Home Screen – Unlike projectors of the past that display a blank screen on startup if no devices are connected, the EH-TW5300 displays a user-friendly “home screen” instead. This home screen shows what devices are connected immediately, and allows users to choose inputs and configure settings easily.
- 480Hz Bright 3D Drive – 3D image projection works by flashing each eye a different frame with a slightly different perspective to create the 3D effect. The frames are coordinated with a pair of active 3D glasses which use LCDs to rapidly “blackout” each lens when the frame for the other eye is shown. The blackout time for Epson’s Bright 3D drive is twice as fast (480 Hz or 480 times a second) as that of competing 3D projectors (typically 240Hz). This reduced blackout time produces significantly brighter and clearer 3D images.
Active Bluetooth 3D glasses – Instead of conventional infrared technology, the Epson EH-TW5300’s 3D glasses use Bluetooth to synchronise the signals between them and the projector.
So there is no need for a line of sight from the transceiver, and no risk of interference from other infrared devices like remote controls that will disrupt the signal.
The EH-TW5300 is also claimed to have class-leading 3D projection employing an active 3D glasses system that uses Bluetooth instead of infrared signals to synchronise the 3D frames being projected with the blackout phases of the active 3D glasses.