Farnell has added the new PicoScope 6000E series of USB oscilloscopes from Pico Technology to its portfolio.
The new generation PicoScope 6000E series is an ideal measurement and analysis solution for design and test engineers, Original Equipment Manufacturers, Contract Electronics Manufacturers working with high-performance embedded systems, and researchers and scientists working on multi-channel high-performance experiments in physics labs, particle accelerators and similar facilities.
As a market leading developer of PC oscilloscopes, Pico provides innovative and cost-effective alternatives to traditional test equipment and data acquisition products. Pico’s regular and free software updates future-proof products by continuously improving performance and extending operational life.
The new PicoScope 6000E series delivers:
- Eight analog input channels with 8-bit resolution and up to 5GS/s sampling rate.
- Ultra-Deep Memory waveform capturing memories of 4 giga samples (up to 2 giga samples per channel), many times larger than competing oscilloscopes and enabling the capture of long-duration waveforms at maximum sampling speed.
- Mixed-Signal Oscilloscope (MSO) option adding 8 or 16 500MHz digital channels when optional 8-bit TA369 MSO pods are fitted, allowing digital and analogue signals to be viewed together. Digital signals can be displayed individually, as a bus or as decoded serial protocols.
- 21 serial protocol decoders included as standard allowing serial data to be decoded simultaneously on all analogue and digital channels. This enables up to 24 channels of data, including decoding multiple SPI, I²C, CAN bus, LIN bus and FlexRay signals, to be done at the same time.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface and hardware acceleration ensures that the display is smooth and responsive even with long data captures.
The PicoScope 6000E series consists of two models: the PicoScope 6804E and the PicoScope 6824E that also offers FlexRes. This specification reduces the sampling rate to enable high-resolution 10-bit or 12-bit resolution for audio and other analogue applications, in addition to standard fast (5 GS/s) 8-bit sampling mode. The PicoScope series also offers informative display and advanced waveform analysis, increasing user productivity when conducting signal processing, high-speed communications, process control, avionics, power electronics, mechatronics and automotive design.
James McGregor, Global Head of Test and Tools for Farnell said, “We are delighted to introduce this exciting new range of affordable USB oscilloscopes from Pico Technology. Our range of Pico products give customers access to innovative PC-based test equipment that offers a modern and cost-effective alternative to the traditional benchtop products. We are committed to delivering the latest technologies for our customers and this range of cutting-edge scopes is an excellent addition to an already broad test and measurement portfolio.”
The PicoScope 6000E extends Farnell’s oscilloscope offering. Customers can also access to 24/5 hands-on technical support from Farnell’s in-house test experts, along with access to free online resources including datasheets, webinars and videos. Farnell offers discounts on test products to all educational institutions.