Abundance of digital products in the market can never replace the relevance of physical products as both of them represents different sides of the same coin.
And though digital product delivery does not involve any costs, physical products require solid management in logistics to keep the wheels moving in the supply chain.
A proper delivery system is a vital requirement to fulfill for the successful delivery of every physical product in today’s market.
In turn, a good Fleet Management System will guarantee a smooth, efficient and sustainable working model for every physical product.
In this modern world of digitalization, Fleet Management System and modern delivery technologies go hand in hand.
Going forward, we are going to discuss everything one must know about Fleet Management System and their benefits.
What is Fleet Management?
Starting from your neighborhood gas provider to any type of delivery service, businesses all across the world require commercial vehicles to transport people and products on a day-to-day basis.
This set of commercial vehicles is popularly known as a fleet and forms one of the most expensive assets of a business.
And the management this fleet requires for the proper functioning of controlling the entire lifecycle of business vehicles is termed under the name Fleet Management.
Fleet Management System includes tools used for monitoring and controlling fleets in charge of all types of delivery services.
And this includes a proper system that allows companies to easily, quickly, and efficiently know where their vehicles, operators and goods are at any given time.
Practicing Fleet Management is not only bound to vehicles only but also to monitor, record and analyze the most sustainable way to manage couriers and delivery personnel.
Why is Fleet Management System Required?
The job of a Fleet Management System is to make it easier for the fleet manager to coordinate all the logistical activities ranging from fuel management to proper route scheduling using fleet management software.
The primary aim of any Fleet Management System is to provide control of the entire lifecycle of every commercial vehicle that will in turn helps in reducing associated risk, improve efficiency, productivity and ensure full compliance with legislation.
The key purpose of every Fleet Management is the continual improvement of its system.
What Does a Fleet Manager Do?
The main task of a fleet manager is to take care of the following:
- Driver Training and Compliance: Includes general administration, reviewing driver licenses, preserving data, and compliance reporting as well as providing proper driver instructions that adhere to local, regional, or national compliance standards.
- Fleet Maintenance: This includes managing policies and processes to keep the company vehicles safe and in operating conditions to protect drivers.
- Driver Safety: Driver safety is one of the key priority of every fleet manager, Though a difficult task since fleet managers are hundreds of miles away from the moving vehicle, with the help of modern tools, fleet managers can now manage any remote vehicle.
- Fuel Management: Since fuel is the lifeforce of any vehicle and is one of the primary components that drive operational costs, fleet managers are tasked with managing fuel types like gasoline, natural gas and electric energy as well as the repairs associated with them.
- Route Planning and Optimization: Proper route planning and optimization of any Fleet Management System includes tightening routes to accelerate fleet productivity, designing and building custom zones, assessing missed or out of order stops, as well as stop durations of the drivers.
- Contract Management and Fiscal Planning: Negotiating contracts with suppliers for new vehicles and equipment, vehicle replacement as well as disposing of out-of-service vehicles and equipment are some of the central tasks that come under the Fleet Management System.
Perks of Fleet Management System
- Safer, More Reliable Vehicles
- Higher Driver Satisfaction
- Optimized Productivity
- Clear Operational Visibility
- Better Cost Management
- Generation of custom reports
- Improve customer service
- Better resource planning
Top Fleet Management Solutions Providers
Naming some of the top players that provide Fleet Management Solutions include,
- Keeptruckin: Topping the list of fleet management solution providers, Keeptruckin is one of the biggest companies offering fleet management solutions. And their services include tracking systems, telematics technology and many more.
- Samsara: Samsara offers complete fleet management solutions to its customers like a unified system for fleet management that includes driver safety and compliance, ELD, messaging and log editing on a handy mobile app, and real-time GPS tracking.
- Asset Monitoring Solutions (AMS): Presented as another big name in Fleet Management solutions provider, AMS offers, range of hardware devices used for tracking, durable hardware, and various solutions for fleet operations of every size.
- Rand McNally: Rand McNally provides a smart Fleet Management System package that offers, asset tracking, driver performance with their trademark DriverConnect solution coupled with vehicle analytics and GPS tracking system.