Fortinet announced the addition of FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service to its robust cloud security portfolio offerings. FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service on Amazon Web Services (AWS) allows organizations to rapidly deploy web applications while providing best-in-class security for mission-critical applications – protecting applications and APIs from threats and addressing compliance requirements.
Organizations protecting their web applications with this Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution can deploy the full WAF solution without the need to deploy and manage infrastructure or possess specific web application security skills, enabling rapid application deployment.
With the latest addition, Fortinet is addressing the issues that IT teams, including DevOps, face. FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service is available for purchase on AWS Marketplace or through the customer’s preferred Fortinet reseller and leverages the flexibility of AWS by automatically provisioning security protection for customers across multiple AWS Regions.
FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service provides the following benefits:
- Accurate and easy to manage Cloud WAF offering: Fortinet calls the latest offering as one of the first machine learning-enabled WAF technology in the industry. Customers benefit from the high accuracy of detection and threat prevention, eliminating false positives and ensuring applications keep running. The solution also gives users the ability to perform a comprehensive self-tuning of policies to eliminate the operational overhead of managing a WAF service. As well as provides web application security that is easy to deploy and maintain with minimal configuration and management. The solution allows access to advanced configuration options when needed, removing the usual complexity required when setting up a WAF.
- Advanced threat protection for web applications: FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service safeguards applications from vulnerability exploits, bots, malware uploads, DDoS attacks, advanced persistent threats (APTs), both unknown and zero-day attacks, among others.
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO): As a cloud-native SaaS solution deployed in the same AWS Region as an organizations’ applications, FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service doesn’t require maintenance of hardware or software and can reduce outbound data transfer costs significantly.
- Simplifies compliance requirements: Fortinet delivers FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service using a colony of WAF gateways in the same AWS Region as an organizations’ application. This avoids potentially subjecting the application to additional regional regulatory requirements.
- Flexible purchasing options: Whether customers prefer pre-provisioned capacity or paying by the volume of processed data, FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service supports the most suitable option for customers’ business priorities and budgetary considerations.
Further information: Click Here