Fortinet announced three new high-performance FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs), comprised of FortiGate 1100E, FortiGate 2200E, and FortiGate 3300E. These new offerings support Security-Driven Networking and enable organizations to securely accelerate their on-ramp to the cloud.
To support a security-driven network that accelerates the cloud on-ramp, Fortinet is introducing new E-Series FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls, which include FortiGate 1100E, FortiGate 2200E, and FortiGate 3300E.
The Key Benefits of the Fortinet NGFWs include:
- Achieving secure, high-speed connections to multiple clouds: FortiGate secures data in motion at network speeds by using high-performance crypto VPNs, and offers access control, data confidentiality, privacy, and breach prevention.
- Providing perimeter defense and DDoS prevention: FortiGate includes high-capacity data center firewall and DDoS prevention capabilities to protect business-critical E-commerce services.
- Gaining full visibility in encrypted flows: FortiGate enables the industry’s best SSL inspection performance to detect and automatically prevent attacks that are launched through encrypted flows.
- Segmenting the network: FortiGate adapts to any segmentation technique and provides advanced Layer 7 security to contain threats, manage risk, and achieve compliance.
- Protecting business-critical applications and servers: FortiGate provides virtual patching using high-performance data center IPS to protect mission-critical servers and workloads.
Adding to Fortinet’s existing E-Series appliances, the newly launched FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls offer customers additional flexibility and the ability to select the best solution for their specific needs from industry-leading products that offer various price points, interfaces, and performance levels to meet the diverse needs of enterprise data center deployments.
The new line-up accelerates the cloud on-ramp with optimal user and application experience and features the following specifications:
- FortiGate 1100E delivers 1Gbps threat protection performance, 10Gbps SSL inspection performance, 48Gbps IPsec VPN performance, and 80Gbps stateful firewall.
- FortiGate 2200E delivers 11Gbps threat protection performance, 17Gbps SSL inspection performance, 98Gbps IPsec VPN performance, and 158Gbps stateful firewall.
- FortiGate 3300E delivers 17Gbps threat protection performance, 21Gbps SSL inspection performance, 98Gbps IPsec VPN performance, and 160Gbps stateful firewall.
All new FortiGate E-Series listed above offers high-density and a flexible selection of 1G, 10G, 25G, and 40G interfaces to meet various enterprise data center deployment needs.
All FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls are powered by AI-driven FortiGuard and FortiSandbox security services to provide prevention from known attacks, detection of unknown attacks, and the delivery of automated threat protection.
Fortinet FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls can share security information among each other for an additional security context. As an integral part of the Fortinet Security Fabric, the devices can communicate within Fortinet’s comprehensive security portfolio as well as within supported third-party security solutions in a multivendor environment to share threat intelligence and improve an organization’s security posture.
Further information: Click Here