Fortinet has gained Panopta, the SaaS platform innovator that provides full-stack visibility and automated management of the health of an enterprise network, including servers, network devices, containers, applications, databases, virtual appliances, and cloud infrastructure.
Fortinet’s Security Fabric, combined with Panopta’s scalable, network monitoring and diagnostics platform, enables Fortinet to offer the most comprehensive network and security operations management solution for enterprises or service providers.
Panopta’s platform is built to be partner-friendly, empowering MSSPs, and value-add partners to easily integrate the multi-tenant solution into their offering and quickly add value to their end customers. The Panopta solution’s role-based access control delivers a granular governance layer between customers, and also within the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) teams.
In the current remote workforce environment, the availability, performance, security, and quality of an application and its components all impact the end-user experience. Panopta’s solution analyzes both network health metrics and application performance to identify potential problem areas that may impact user access and enables rapid, automated remediation (also called Digital Experience Monitoring or DEM).
With the Panopta acquisition, Fortinet will deliver the industry’s most comprehensive Security-driven Networking platform by adding new capabilities in network monitoring, detection and incident response. Features will include:
- Unified Monitoring and automated Incident Management that reduces response and resolution times for NOC teams and, in turn, helps exceed SLAs.
- Over 50 global points of presence (PoPS) with low-cost probes to simulate application performance and latency that may impact end-user experience (also known as synthetic transaction monitoring).
- Cloud-native monitoring for Kubernetes and PaaS workloads in AWS and Azure.
- Fully configurable alerting workflows with out-of-the-box integrations for third-party enterprise and modern communication tools.
- Another first-class partner-friendly service offering that remains true to Fortinet’s ongoing commitment to its valued partners.