Fujitsu announces the launch of ETERNUS CS200c S3, a backup solution ideally suited for hyperconverged infrastructures (HCI). Claimed to newly supervise data protection in virtualized data centers – the new integrated backup appliance is touted to offers a simplified, cost-efficient approach to the headache of protecting data across complex physical and virtual IT environments.
The ETERNUS CS200c S3 is reported to deliver an all-in-one data protection concept for converged and hyperconverged systems leveraging organizations to virtualize critical applications while meeting strict data protection service level agreements (SLAs).
Commenting on the new rollout, Uwe Neumeier, Vice President and Head of Data Center, EMEIA Product Business at Fujitsu, said, “Hyperconverged and software-defined systems enable real-time digital business, and although they have some data protection capabilities built in, they often store backup copies on the same platform. This means that critical business data is not safe from corruption or deletion. Our new appliance closes this gap, by providing a reliable backup and recovery solution across the entire lifecycle of each virtual machine, even within a hyperconverged solution – meaning that business-critical data is continually protected and business continuity can be achieved even if disaster strikes.”
Other Key Nuggets
- The new solution is said to dramatically cut initial setup times for data protection solutions from days to hours.
- By automating repetitive or highly complex tasks, it streamlines continuity of operation and disaster recovery processes.
- Customers can create rapid-fire, persistent hardware snapshots allowing near instant recovery, and perform off-host backups for hundreds of virtual machines.
- A policy-based approach ensures no virtual machine goes unprotected, while optimizing resource utilization.
- Powered by Commvault software, ETERNUS CS200c S3 leverages deep integration into virtual infrastructures supporting all major hypervisors including Microsoft’s Hyper-V and VMware’s vSphere, as well as Commvault’s advanced data management capabilities for radically simplified data management.
Sangram Dange, GM, Data Protection and Recovery Business Unit, Commvault said, “Commvault has worked together with Fujitsu to simplify backup and data management for Hyperconverged Infrastructures (HCI)”. The combination of Commvault’s data protection software within Fujitsu’s ETERNUS CS200c appliance provides a simple ‘out of box’ approach to managing data in virtual infrastructures including backing up hyper-converged infrastructures. By integrating Commvault’s powerful capabilities for protecting virtual environments into an easy to purchase, deploy, support, and scale ETERNUS CS200c appliance, we help users of HCIs enjoy simple and secure data operations end-to-end.”
The latest rollout is said to join the range of ETERNUS CS appliances, which are designed to minimize business risk from missed backups, post-disaster recovery failures and the corruption of sensitive data.
Pricing and Availability
Fujitsu ETERNUS CS200c S3 will be available from August 1, 2016 in Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. It can be ordered direct from Fujitsu and via distribution partners. Pricing and specifications vary by configuration and country.