The HP Graphics Solutions Business (GSB) is strategically poising to address the fast-growing market. It is mutating analog-to-digital by reinventing the approach to print and creating new business opportunities for customers. HP commitment to the graphics industry has remained strong throughout 2015, pushing digital further everyday with a robust pipeline of innovative solutions across a wide range of applications.
HP GSB is said to become the kernel of printing industry transformation and inspiring many print service providers and brand owners who are adopting creative campaigns enabled by HP technologies.
- With over 7000 HP Indigo presses in 120 countries, HP claims to be the frontier of digital presses with capturing 65 percent of market share.
- Globally, the company asserts to foster 80 percent of the photos printed commercially and 80 percent of the labels printed digitally.
- In 2015, HP reached 30,000 Latex units shipped worldwide, and the HP Latex 300 Printer series achieved No. 1 market position in its category according to IDC, demonstrating a transformative shift in the sign & display industry from solvent to latex technology.
- The HP Latex 300 Printer Series is growing 46 percent year over year, and the HP Latex 360 Printer is ranked as the top-selling printer in its category in the U.S.(4)
- HP PageWide Web Press customers worldwide have printed over 120 billion pages. Since its 2008 debut at drupa, the platform has been steadily adopted worldwide for high-volume print production across publishing, direct mail and commercial applications. The journey continues with HDNA technology.
- HP PageWide XL 8000 and 5000 Printer series started shipping in 2015, disrupting the technical production market dominated by LED technology.
HP Usher Customers and Brands Reinvent Print
- Bud Light worked with HP to produce 200,000 unique, limited-edition cans for the 2015 Mad Decent Block Party festival, making Bud Light not only the first beer, but the first brand in the U.S. to use HP SmartStream Mosaic for mass customization.
- HP Indigo technology enabled Frito-Lay’s First-Ever Personalized Brand Campaign by producing 10,000 customized potato chip bags for its “Lay’s Summer Days” campaign in the U.S.
- OREO collaborated with HP to launch OREO Colorfilled, the brand’s first-ever customized packaging campaign. Consumers can personalize the iconic OREO cookie packaging with holiday motifs. The campaign helped OREO break through the crowded holiday buying season to engage consumers in a new and exciting way.
Flashback of HP Indigo:
- The HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press reached over 200 units installed in nearly 40 countries worldwide, with more than 20 customers installing multiple units (up to six presses) at the same site.
- Customers are continuing to break impression records on the HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press. At the end of Q4, one HP customer recorded 1.6 million B2 impressions on a single press – in a single week.
- In June 2014, HP announced the HP Indigo 7800 Digital Press, the fourth generation of its best-selling HP Indigo 7000 series featuring even higher productivity and quality. Since then, HP has launched an enhancement package that provides significant improvements in color management and productivity per shift, new applications and media, along with upgrade kits for the installed base. HP Indigo 7800 Digital Press advancements include:
- A color management package that simplifies color management across jobs, presses and sites, using media fingerprinting technology and leveraging the in-line spectrophotometer.
- Optimizer, which organizes the print queue in the most efficient way, helps plan for substrate use, minimizes trips to the warehouse and reduces downtime. It also enables seamless proofing while printing. Customers say it can boost their print production per shift by up to 50 percent.
- HP Indigo ElectroInk Pink , which glows under UV light
- HP SmartStream Production Pro vesion 5.1
- In June 2015, HP Indigo announced the HP Indigo 7r Digital Press, a fully-warranted remanufactured press equipped with latest technologies of the HP Indigo 7000 series that is upgradeable to all added value features of the HP Indigo 7800.
- The company continues to reinforce commitment towards the environment with carbon neutral manufacturing for HP Indigo 7000 and WS6000 series digital presses.
Labels and Packaging market driving and expanding the digital revolution
- HP Indigo saw double-digit page growth in the labels & packaging segment in 2014 and continued the momentum in 2015 in labels and new packaging markets. The installed base of the market-leading HP Indigo WS6000 series doubled to 1000 units in the two years between Label Expo Brussels 2013 and 2015.
- HP SmartStream Mosaic won the prestigious Innovation Award at Label Expo Brussels as well as a Graph Expo 15 MUST SEE ‘EMS Award. The proprietary software, which helps produce millions of one-of-a-kind designs, was used in large campaigns by global brands, including Bud Light and OREO in North America.
- Since their commercial availability in May 2014, HP has sold more than 80 HP Indigo 20000 and 30000 Digital Presses to packaging customers producing flexible packaging and folding cartons. HP has also received repeat orders from customers such as Uni Packaging (United Kingdom), Tadbik (Israel), Seikou (Japan) and others.
- Noted as the largest single-time deal in HP Indigo labels and packaging history, the RAKO GROUP recently announced the purchase of an additional two HP Indigo 20000 Digital Presses, as well as nine additional units of the HP Indigo WS6800 Digital Press.
- The HP Indigo 20000 Digital Press is driving the digital transformation of both labels and flexible packaging. Brands such as Dole and Tesco are using digital printing capabilities to drive consumer engagement and shelf appeal. Converters including Kido, Ercus Group and Planet Label are using the press to create new web-to-print business models.
- HP Indigo 30000 Digital Presses installed at customer sites worldwide are executing a variety of commercial work for leading brands, with the majority of the presses running in-line with the Tresu iCoat 30000. Heret, the first HP Indigo 30000 customer, produced the first folding carton mass customization campaign using HP SmartStream Mosaic for Ahava, a global cosmetics brand. Recent HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press customers are Germany’s Edelmann and MR Cartonnage in France.
- HP Indigo digital presses helped further expand the Share-A-Coke campaign globally. Since 2013, it has reached 50 countries, including the U.S., with more than 4 billion total labels printed.
Focus on Customer Excellence
- In 2015, HP began the rollout of HP Indigo PrintBeat, a performance dashboard that is automatically e-mailed to HP Indigo customers weekly to provide them with accurate visibility and insight into their press’ performance. The HP Indigo PrintBeat report enables easy access to key performance information, which has been recognized as instrumental in driving continuous improvements in uptime and productivity for operational excellence. Today, it reaches about half of the HP Indigo installed base, and we expect a complete deployment by mid-2016.
- In AMS and EMEA, HP introduced HP Service Advantage, an integrated portfolio of services for HP customers that enables predictable printing operations, optimized cost structure and maximum press up-time
- The tenth annual Dscoop North America conference took place in Washington D.C., as did very successful conferences in Dublin and Tokyo in June and September. Dscoop recently announced a new model whereby all HP Graphics technology users can become part of the global community free of charge. HP looks forward to continuing its partnership with Dscoop as it enters its second decade and continuing to develop a strong, vibrant community that brings value to each of our customers, partners and the industry as a whole.
HP investments for the future and for sustainability
- HP built a new packaging center in its Kiryat Gat (Israel) manufacturing facility and expanded the Customer Solutions Testing facility and manufacturing areas using a carbon neutral production process.
- The new Center of Excellence and the expansion of the existing ink plant in Tuas, Singapore helps support HP customers in GSB’s fastest-growing region. It will continue to support the adoption of series four presses, including HP Indigo 10000, 20000 and 30000 Digital Presses.