Broadcom Corporation announces that its DOCSIS 3.0-based chipset is powering new high-speed broadband has been deployed by Hathway Cable and Telecom. This chipset of the company will allow the cable operator to expand its services in an economical and reliable way both for residential and commercial purposes. With the adoption of this service by Hathway, it becomes the first multi-system operator in India, who is capable of transmitting high speed data at speeds greater than 300 megabits per second (Mbps).
On the adoption of DOCSIS, Jayant Changrani, Hathway Cable and Datacom President of Technology said, “Broadcom’s advanced DOCSIS 3.0 chipsets provided the innovation we needed to cost-effectively upgrade our equipment and meet growing consumer demand for on-demand video consumption to our subscribers across the country. Our subscribers will be among the first in the region to enjoy a vastly improved entertainment experience capable of uninterrupted streaming of HD content and a multi-room, multi-screen experience.”
The key attributes of the Broadcom® DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Gateway SoC are:
• Full-Band Capture digital tuning technology: Integrated on-chip technology directly samples and digitizes the entire 1GHz downstream spectrum of a cable plant, providing access to any channel anywhere
• Dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi: Extends the wireless network to enable a more reliable network for video distribution throughout the home
• Simultaneous 2.4 and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 band streams enable gateways to segregate data and video distribution (video having its own band), reducing interference and enabling a high-quality user experience
• Integrated applications processor expands the capability of the modem and supports advanced applications without impacting the voice and gateway performance
• Multi-threaded 1 Gigahertz (GHz) application processor offering a 100% CPU speed improvement
Hathway is one of leading cable television service provider in the country. And with the adoption of this technology offered by Broadcom the company aims to grow further and aims to have a more strong foot hold in the country.