Infineon Technologies AG brings new Hall sensors for automotive, industrial and consumer electronics meeting strict environmental standards. Being compact in design and cost-effective – the Hall sensors of the new TLx496x family are touted to be highly integrated, precise switching points, a stable operation and a low power consumption. They are available as latch and switch-type sensors.
- Moreover, the new Hall sensors consume not more than 1.6 mA.
- And the 5-V versions only consume 1.4 mA.
- The high ESD robustness and the precise, stable magnetic switching points are suitable for systems where energy efficiency, robustness and precision matter.
- Reducing system costs, two to four of the previously needed passive components are now redundant, which also reduces the amount of space they take up on the circuit board.
- All of the TLx496x Hall sensors – switches and latches – have an integrated Hall element, a voltage regulator, choppers, an oscillator and an output driver. The voltage regulator powers the Hall element and the active circuits.
Optimized for 5-Volt systems for automotive applications: TLE496x
- The TLE496x-xM series is suitable for automotive applications with an operating voltage of 3.0 V to 5.5 V, which generally are not exposed to overcurrent. Target applications are all systems that need a precise Hall switch or Hall latch for an expanded temperature range of -40 °C to 170 °C.
- The TLE496x-xM is typically used in power windows and sunroofs, trunk locks, windshield wipers, seatbelts, camshafts, shift levers and the many controls used in BLDC motors.
- The latches’ (TLE4963-1M/2M) magnetic behavior and switching points make them particularly suitable for applications with precise index counting (for pole wheels or the recording of the rotor position) and for BLDC motors.
- The Hall switch (TLE4965-5M) is particularly suitable for the recording of switch and lever positions and the detection of open/close states.
Optimized for 5-Volt systems for industrial applications: TLI496x
- The TLI496x-xM series is functionally the same as the TLE496x-xM but is specified for a temperature range of -40 °C to 125 °C and is JESD47 qualified.
- The TLI496x-xM is typically used in BLDC motors in e-bikes and fans in PCs, in electric drives in building automation (such as blinds and garage doors) as well as the detection of open/close states in white goods and building security/burglar protection.
Optimized for cost-sensitive consumer electronics: TLV496x
- The TLV496x-xTA/B series was specifically developed for the cost-effective, contactless positioning.
- Typical applications are BLDC motors in white goods (such as dishwashers and washing machines), compressors in air-conditioners, fans in PCs as well as blinds, garden tools and building security/burglar protection (e. g. door and window contacts, gates and roller shutters).
- Despite the pressure to cut costs, these applications need very precise Hall latches or Hall switches (unipolar/bipolar) for temperatures ranging from -40 °C to 125 °C.
Availability and Development Support
The Hall sensors of all three series are available in high volume. Development support includes online simulation tools and application manuals.