neoteric infomatique and Honeywell comes under an alliance to distribute its premium range of barcode scanners in India. Under this strategic agreement, neoteric will distribute Eclipse, Voyager, Orbit and Xenon range of laser-based barcode scanners from Honeywell. This partnership marks neoteric’s entry into the automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) market which includes barcode, smart card, RFID, and biometric products.
neoteric will distribute Honeywell’s laser-based barcode scanners including:
- The Eclipse 5145, which is a low-cost hand-held laser-based scanner, and an alternative to the conventional CCD scanners. The scanner allows effective data transmission for menu-scanning applications.
- The Voyager 1250g is a single-line laser scanner with automatic interface detection and configuration. It features automatic in-stand detection and provides reading of linear barcodes that are up to 17.6 inches away.
- The Voyager 1202g is a hand-held laser scanner, incorporated with Bluetooth wireless technology and field-replaceable battery. It is a single line wireless scanner with advanced laser scanning to read even the poorest quality barcodes.
- Orbit 7120 is a hands-free omni-directional laser scanner meant for the retail applications where counter space is at a premium. The scanner has an adjustable head to target scanning for larger products and comes with 3-years of warranty.
- The Xenon 1900 is a hand-held scanner that delivers superior barcode scanning and digital image capture including high density linear and 2D barcodes found on the screen of a mobile device.
Talking on the alliance, Ramesh Rajahmani, Head, Business, Commercial BU, neoteric infomatique Ltd. Said, “The standardization of barcode usage norms, proliferation of modern retail and utilization of barcode technology to automate business-critical processes like inventory and asset management across various industry verticals is driving the use of barcode scanners in India. We are excited to partner with market leading brand Honeywell. It also enables us to offer our partners with new business opportunities in a high-growth segment.”
“As the leading solution provider in the global AIDC industry, Honeywell welcomes neoteric into its Asia Pacific distribution channel network. Honeywell has been providing a wide range of scanning, mobility and printing products to Indian customers in transport & logistics, retail, manufacturing and healthcare segments, to improve workflow productivity and customer experience. The partnership with neoteric will provide us an opportunity to serve more customers in India,” said Lynn Huang Freeman, Head, Marketing and Strategy, Asia Pacific, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility.
neoteric and Honeywell have already embarked on a multi-city training roadshow to create awareness about barcode solutions among partners in tier-2 and -3 cities. The first phase of the roadshows has been planned in Lucknow, Nagpur and Vizag in August 2015.