HP announces the mainstream of its HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 – an integrated enterprise cloud solution, and a new HP ConvergedSystem 700 platform, a workload optimized infrastructure purpose-built for HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0.
The company asserts that the new cloud platform is simple to use and manage – enables the cloud to speed service delivery, lower costs and increase efficiency of the datacenter.
Commenting on the launch, Narayanan Chellappan, Country Director, Cloud Division, HP India said, Enterprises are attracted by the promise of the cloud, however for many, the success of a cloud initiative hinges on the ability to integrate existing and new technology.
HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 incorporates HP Helion OpenStack and the HP Helion Development Platform, delivering an enterprise-ready integrated open source infrastructure as-a-service (IaaS) and platform as-a-service (PaaS) offering.
“HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 allows organizations to leverage existing infrastructure and expertise, manage traditional applications as cloud services, while supporting modern application development and delivery methods necessary to transition to a hybrid infrastructure said Narayanan”
In addition, HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 simplifies integration with existing heterogeneous IT environments, and allows those investments to be leveraged for the cloud.
- OpenStack software and Cloud Foundry application programming interfaces (APIs) to access and control cloud resources directly
- Hybrid cloud management capabilities across various private and public cloud environments, including Microsoft Azure, AWS, HP Helion Public Cloud, HP Helion OpenStack and VMware, as well as providing customers the ability to move workloads between AWS and their datacenters using HP Helion Eucalyptus
- Support for multiple hypervisors, including Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat KVM and VMware ESXi, offering customers additional choice and avoiding vendor lock-in
- The latest version of HP Cloud Service Automation, providing a single management platform to control multiple cloud environments
- Integration with HP OneView, expanding support of physical server provisioning, including deployment of bare metal resources
Standalone software or fully-integrated software and hardware options offer customers alternatives to meet changing demands
HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 can be deployed as standalone software supporting a multiple vendor hardware environment. While HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 provides customers flexibility and choice, it is also optimized for HP ConvergedSystem 700, delivering the openness of a fully curated OpenStack and Cloud Foundry technology-based cloud.
Both HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 and HP ConvergedSystem 700 are exclusively obtainable as either standalone or integrated offerings.