Centering at OpenStack Summit Tokyo 2015, HP announced the availability of HP Helion OpenStack 2.0, a production ready, open source based cloud platform designed to meet enterprise requirements.
As organizations strive for the right mix of traditional IT and private cloud technology to run their mission-critical applications and protect sensitive data, many are turning to the flexibility and economics of the, OpenStack project.
HP Helion OpenStack 2.0 offers an enterprise grade cloud platform, adding new features to address organizations’ lifecycle management and security challenges, including:
- Easy provisioning of new infrastructure and the ability to repurpose existing infrastructure to meet scalability needs without impacting availability.
- Rolling upgrades which facilitate entire cloud environment software upgrades without requiring planned or unplanned downtime.
- Continuous patch management allowing security patches and updates without application interruption
- Easy to use administrator interface, centralized logging and monitoring at scale across a cloud environment.
- Network configuration flexibility to enable connectivity with existing IT environments
- Strict OpenStack API adherence to enable cross-cloud compatibility and ability to leverage the upstream ecosystem of third party plug-ins.
HP Helion OpenStack 2.0 also enables customers to create and manage software defined networks (SDN) in a distributed, multi-datacenter environment through integration with HP Distributed Cloud Networking (DCN) and Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform. This removes the boundaries of traditional networking, unlocking the full automation and agility needed for hybrid cloud.
“Enterprises want to benefit from the powerful capabilities of OpenStack technology, but they must have the enterprise grade capabilities required to support their businesses,” said Narayanan Chellappan, Country Director, Cloud Division, HP India. “The configuration, security and scalability advances in HP Helion OpenStack 2.0 enable organizations to deploy OpenStack technology into production with the confidence that they are backed by the experience and support of a trusted end-to-end technology partner.”
Unmatched OpenStack technology expertise
To help customers implement, their cloud environments, HP Helion Professional Services can provide a team of experienced HP architects and cloud technologists to help customers determine the right cloud strategy for them.
In addition, the HP Helion Ready Program connects customers with an ecosystem of HP Helion-certified solution providers and hardware vendors whose software solutions and hardware products have been tested and certified on HP Helion OpenStack, enabling customers to confidently deploy HP Helion OpenStack in heterogeneous environments.
HP Helion OpenStack 2.0 is exclusively obtainable globally. Pricing varies by configuration and individual customer requirements. For more information on what makes HP Helion OpenStack 2.0 enterprise-ready.