Some of the key trends impacting the growth of global industrial ethernet market are Smart cities, Smart grid, interconnected factories, Smart shop floors, Industrial Cybersecurity, remote asset monitoring, big data and artificial intelligence, quotes Sandeep Prabhakar | Product Marketing Manager | Moxa. Further, in an extensive interview with Niloy Banerjee, Consultant Editor, BISinfotech, the hotshot further typifies on the Industrial Ethernet market, trends, and its potential in the indigenous market. Edited Nub.
- What are the key factors driving the global industrial Ethernet market?
With rapid globalization and information digitalization, industrial operators have begun to adopt IIoT applications for enhanced operational efficiency and maximum profits. OT and IT convergence are necessary to transform data into useful information. However, the fundamental differences between OT and IT convergence is challenging and hence a reliable Ethernet backbone connectivity is need of the hour.
- What are the key trends impacting the growth of the global industrial Ethernet market?
At Moxa, we believe enabling connectivity for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Many industries are transforming their traditional systems to Industry 4.0 platform in order to maximize their operational efficiency, increased productivity and quality of the products. Some of the key trends impacting the growth of global Industrial Ethernet market are Smart cities, Smart grid, interconnected factories, Smart shop floors, Industrial Cybersecurity, remote asset monitoring, big data, and artificial intelligence.
- What are the challenges to market growth?
Some of the challenges which we see are:
- Scalability – Scalability of the Ethernet network which is redundancy and high bandwidth network connectivity solution from wired to wireless.
- Security – Security of industrial Ethernet standards which needs to be followed when the network expands.
- Managed Services – Easy to use Cloud-based Remote Access solutions for new IIoT business models.
- Time Sensitive Networking – In order to move toward to the IIoT, the segmented data flow is not suitable for time-sensitive IIoT applications and data connectivity becomes more important than ever in IIoT world and newer technologies have to be implemented.
4. What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global industrial Ethernet market?
One of the key challenges for industrial Ethernet market despite the significant advances in Ethernet over the past 30 years is connecting legacy devices and expanding into larger control networks through legacy-to-Ethernet integration. It is difficult to transfer the network of old systems to a new protocol; thus, the management becomes more complex and network performance becomes highly critical.
- To India’s scenario, what key market strategies will drive the growth in this indigenous market?
Some of the key strategies that will drive the growth is “Make in India” program which is being actively promoted by the Govt of India. Producing goods in India will enable employment and increase indigenous capabilities.
Another factor is Smart Cities Mission which enables intelligent transportation systems and CCTV surveillance which requires a stable industrial Ethernet backbone.
- Key offering of your company in this domain?
Moxa provides a wide range of industrial Ethernet switches that feature industrial-grade reliability, network redundancy, strengthened security, easy management, and competitive price-to-performance ratios. Our comprehensive portfolio includes unmanaged switches, managed switches, PoE switches, rackmount switches, and switches designed for use in the rail industry that meet parts of the EN 50155 standard.